6. They Are Your Trees As Well .

Grey's POV

"Man, you're a handful." I whispered to the sleeping girl in my golden sheets, that was fast asleep.

I moved a small piece of hair from her face and smiled, watching her face contort but then go back to it's peaceful state.

Why don't you feel it yet?

I walked out of the room, keeping the door cracked to listen for her just in case she needed me, though she acted as if she despised me being near her.

I grunted, my wolf and I not appreciating the rejection.

Pulling out my phone, I dialed the only woman's number I've ever loved in my life. My mother.

"It's late, Manu. Is everything okay? What happened?" Her thick, Hawaiian accented voice was light from slumber.

"No, no Ma. Nothing's wrong, I know it's late. I just um, I needed to talk to someone and you know, you're the only person I'm able to."

"Oh Manu, what's troubling you at this hour sweetheart?"

"I've found her Ma." I could hear my mother gasp on the other end of the phone and then nothing but silence.

"Are you still there?"

"Yes, yes sweetheart!" She whispered loudly, probably trying not to wake my father. He isn't the nicest person if he doesn't get a good night's rest.

Though he really isn't the nicest person at all, in general.

"I'll tell your father first thing in the morning and we'll arrange to come home and meet her."

"No, that's.. that's the problem Ma. She doesn't know. She doesn't know a thing about.. well, shit really."

"What are you saying Manu?"

"I'm saying that I want everyone to just give us some time and space, at least until she settles with everything."

"And if she doesn't?"

I peered down the hallway I knew led to my sleeping mate.

"We'll deal with that supernova if we come to it."

"Supernova?"

"I gotta go Ma."

She sighed,"I love you Manu. And even given the unfortunate circumstances, I'm happy to know that you've found her."

"Night Ma."

"Goodnight sweetheart."

I hung up, cursing the Moon Goddess for pairing me with someone like her.. Her out of all wolves.

She wasn't even a full wolf.

I could smell the human in her, the mix of her genes. Which of her parents is the wolf?

Her dad I bet. She's bad-tempered, and she's a strong one.

I walked over to the kitchen, opening the fridge to grab a bottle of water when my phone buzzed, vibrating against the countertop.

Beta Kale
'Have some news. Good or bad first?'

"Dammit, just what I need right now."

'Bad.'

Lets get this shit over with.

Beta Kale
'Bad news is, we've got ourselves a trespasser. Good news is.. We got ourselves a trespasser.'

'Good work Kale. You know where to put trespassers. I'm busy, so I'll deal with it when I can.'

Beta Kale
'You got it boss. Everything alright?'