Cool Kids

I stepped into the crowded corridors, shoving my hands in the pocket of my jacket. I hid my face in the hood as I tried to get away from them.

I could here their laughs as I made my way to the class.

"Look at her! Trying to act like a fucking emo."

I winced at their words and walked faster to my class. I stumbled on someone's feet, falling straight into someone else.

"Well, looky. It's the nerd herself."

I froze at the voice.

"Are you gonna cry now?", he laughed.

I could not believe his words, did I really deserve this?

I kept quiet as he made fun of me.

As the bell rang, I ran for the class. I had tears glistening my eyes but I didn't cry.

By the time I had calmed down and been better, the day was over and I walked out of the school building, not waiting for my drive home- who would wait for me a couple of blocks away from school.

I kept walking when a horn disrupted my thoughts.

"Are you kidding me, Y/N? Get in the goddamn car right now."
I ignored his voice and kept walking.

"Y/N, please. I'm sorry, okay? Just get in the car."

I rolled my eyes and turned to face him, "For what, Harry? So that you can make fun of me in front of the whole school? Or do you want to humiliate me alone this time? Or maybe you can show your girl how ugly I actually am, huh?"

"Y/N, you know I didn't mean those things. You know they are lies, I love you. C'mon, babe. I can't ruin my reputation."

I scoffed, "Then why are we together, Harry? Why are we doing this?"

"Just get in the car, first."

"What, you don't want to be seen with me? I know that already. Let's not try and act like you care about me, yeah?", I laughed humourlessly.

"Stop this."

"Oh, fuck off", I turned and kept walking, trying my best to ignore him.

I was suddenly being pulled back, and towards the car.

"Harry, stop this caveman behaviour of yours. I'm not your toy you can drag wherever you want."

"Just get in the fucking car, Y/N."

I sighed and did as asked and he walked to his side.

"What do you want?"

"Don't behave like this, please. I apologise for what I did today, it wasn't right. You know I can't ruin my reputation."

"Then why are we together, Harry!? Why?", I yelled.

He winced, "Because I love you. There, I said it. I love you, and I don't want to let you go, Y/N. I don't want to leave you alone, I want you. I need you."

"Well, I don't, Harry. I can't love a person who cares more about their reputation than the person they love."

"Are you breaking- are you breaking up with me?"

"Yes", I said, as tears started to form again in my eyes.

"No."

"What?"

"No, you can't. Please, please don't leave me", he sobbed and I could not believe it.

"I'm sorry, Harry. I can't be with a guy who bullies me for the sake of his reputation."

"I'll change, I'll change please."

"I don't think you can."

"Please, one chance. Y/N, one last chance."

"I can't. I'm sorry", I said as he stopped the car and I realised we had reached my house.

"Y/N?"

I turned to face him.

"You really don't love me?", he asked. He looked ashamed of himself, guilty even.

"I do, Harry. But we can't be together. Not when you care about your reputation more than anything."

He nodded and I turned to walk back into my house as I finally shed the tears I had been holding.

I let out a sob as I slid down the door. I love him, gosh how much I love him.

__________________

A/N:

Votes and comments are always appreciated!

Love,
S. x