One. (Personal)

Based on Ed Sheeran's- One

Harry's P.O.V

I walked out of the pub, drunk as I have ever been.

"Harry, mate, are you alright?", Zayn asked from behind me.

"I'm fine", I replied.

"Let me drop you back to yours."

"I am fine, Zayn. Don't treat me like I'm five. Don't act like her. "

"What really happened?"

"I saw her with him and guess what? Her new fucktard of a boyfriend proposed to her! And I am sure she said yes. She fucking said yes! She has a fucking fiancé now!", I hissed smashing the bottle in my hand on the floor.

"Mate, it wasn't her fault, and besides you cheated on her and you laughed at her face when she told you she loves you."

"I know, and it hurts, because I love her so much and she is not even mine anymore."

"Harry, you're drunk. C'mon."

"Can you take me to her? I'd like to see her once."

"Okay."

As we drove to her place, I looked out the window.

Tell me that you turned down the man, who asked for your hand, 'cause you're waiting for me.

It started to rain, as if even the weather knew how I felt.

And I know you're gonna be away for a while, but I've got no plans at all to leave. And would you take away my hopes and dreams and just stay with me?

"Let's get you sober first", Zayn said, driving to my place. I didn't protest I was in no condition to say anything. I just wanted see her, touch her. Just once.

We reach my home as I stumble inside as I try to keep myself up.

And all my senses come to life, while I'm walking home as drunk as I have ever been and I'll never leave again, 'cause you are the only one.

Zayn gets a glass of water for me, waiting as I drank the alcohol free drink.

"Are you sober enough?", he asks. Worry clear in his voice.

"I'll never be sober enough to meet her. Just take me to meet her once."

"Okay."

We left again, this time to a destination I was more than keen to be at but equally scared.

And all my friends have gone to find, another place to let their hearts collide, just promise me, you'll never leave again, cause you're the only one.

We had already reached her driveway. All of a sudden, all the courage I had had gone down the drain.

"C'mon, Harry. It's now or never", Zayn said, making me snap back to reality.

"I can do this", I told myself as I got out of the car and knocked on her door. She opened the door.

Take my hand and my heart and soul, I will only have these eyes for you, And you know, everything changes but, well be strangers if we see this through.

She looked so beautiful, standing in her pajama shorts and a loose singlet.

"Harry?", she said as she rubbed her eyes to get the sleepiness out.

"I- Um, Hi", I mumbled.

"What are you doing here, Harry? In the middle of the night?"

"I wanted to see you."

"In the middle of the night?"

"I- I missed you, Y/N."

You could stay within these walls and bleed, or just stay with me.

"Are you drunk?"

"Wha- No."

"I can smell alcohol on you."

"I am not drunk, Y/N. I just had a few drinks, I'm sober enough to talk to you", that would be a lie. If I would have been in my right mind, I would've never came here.

I'm stumbling off drunk, getting myself lost, I am so gone, so tell me the way home, I'm listening to sad songs and singing about love, and where it goes wrong.

"What is the real reason you're here?"

"I'm sorry."

"Babe, who's there?", a voice called from inside. It was him.

"No one, I'll just come, yeah?"

"I should probably go now", I mumbled.

"Yeah, that would be the best", she replied. I sighed.

I looked up at her and saw a stray strand of her hair. The temptation to put it behind her ear was unbearable. So, I did it. I touched her, even if it was for the last time.

She didn't flinch back from my touch. In fact, she leaned into my touch, but she snapped back.

"I have a fiancé, Harry."

"You said yes, then?", I said as a question, but for me it was a statement, to let it sink in. She nodded.

"I- Congratulations", I whispered.

"Thank you", she gave me a small smile.

I just nodded. I didn't even know what to say. I wanted to tell her I love her, but I guess I couldn't now.

"I'll leave now", I said. She nodded and I turned. Just as I heard the door being shut I turned again.

"Y/N?", I said. She opened the door again. I walked up the steps to reach her. She was still shorter than me. I held her face and leaned in to kiss her. But I knew that would be wrong, so I kissed her forehead, instead.

"I love you", I said for the first and the last time. I turned to leave but looked back to see her lean into the door, touching her forehead- Just where I had kissed her. I smiled at the thought.

"Saw her?", Zayn said as I opened the door to the passenger seat.

"Yes", I replied, content that I had at last confessed my feelings to her.

All my senses come to life, While I'm stumbling home as drunk as I have ever been, and I'll never leave again, 'Cause you are the only one, And all my friends have gone to find, Another place to let their hearts collide, Just promise me, you'll always be a friend

'Cause you are the only one.

____________________

A/N:

Idek.  I just- made it? Tell me if you liked it. I tried to do my best, okay? I never usually put the lyrics in between, so this is a first. I tried!

Comment please! I love to hear from you guys and how you feel about them! It's makes me happy that my imagines have an impact on someone. Do you guys get into it? Do you like them?

Important Note: I am writing a new fiction, I haven't decided if it is a Niall or Harry fan fiction as of now. Please comment below,  Harry or Niall?

I started it off as Harry Fan fiction,  but Idk, tell me what you guys would want to read.

Love you! xx