Don't You Remember? (Personal)

I woke up and felt another body next to mine. Immediately, I took the blanket to cover my naked body and got off the bed. I started searching for my clothes from last night, picking up my panties and bra and my dress.

I felt sick. Why did I let it happen? I felt horrible. He has a girlfriend.

Just as I was about to leave, he moved. I froze in my place, sure to make no movement or sound. He went back to sleep again. I sighed in relief. But it soon washed off when I heard his phone go off. He groaned.  I reached the door and got out of the room. But I stopped as soon as I heard him pick up the phone.

"Hello?", he said in a sleepy voice.

.

"Good morning,  babe! What's up?"

.

"Yeah, okay, I'll meet you there."

.

"See you there, baby. Love you."

Tears started to well up in my eyes. I quickly rubbed my eyes. I didn't want to cry over him. I made a go for the stairs so I wouldn't have to face him. Just as I reached the bottom of the stairs, I heard his foot steps. I ran to the door.

I let out a sigh when I was out of his house. I heard the front door open, so I started to take off again.

"Hey! Wait!", he yelled. But I didn't, in fact I ran faster. But not fast enough.

"God dammit! I told you to wait!", he said as he took ahold of my waist.

"Leave me alone!", I grumbled.

"Stop fighting me!"

"No! I won't stop fighting!"

"Why? Fuck- babe, why?"

"Because I won't", I replied,  but muttering "because I love you" under my breath, so he wouldn't hear.

He sighed, "At least let me drop you back to your place."

I gave in and let him take me to his car.

***

Sitting in his car, I couldn't help but think of the time we were together. I still remember the day he asked me to be his girlfriend. I had squealed and said "Yes! Oh god, yes Harry!".

Did he really not remember?  Did he not remember he loved me back then? Did he even love me?

I felt like laughing at myself right now. He was a cheat, and no matter how many times he would say he's mine, he never was.

I hadn't realised that I had let a few tears roll down my cheek.

"We're here", he said, breaking me out of my thoughts. I took off the safety belt and opened the door to get out but he stopped me.

"Y/N"

"Yes, Harry?"

"I- Nothing. Take care."

I nodded as I sighed. What was I even expecting? I have too high expectations.

***

I stumbled into my house after a long night of clubbing. I was drunk. I looked down at my phone and dialed his number. I was about to hang up when he picked up.

"Hello?", he said sleepily.

I didn't utter a word.

"Who is it?", I heard her voice, making me gasp instantly. He was with her? Why did I call him?

I was about to hang up again but he spoke again. He must have heard me.

"Y/N?"

"Are you alright?"

"No", I barely whispered.

"I'm coming over.", he said before hanging up.

I let out a sob and threw my phone on the opposite wall.

Why am I so weak?

"Y/N?", I heard his voice.

I looked up in his direction with my teary eyes.

He sat next to me, pulling me in his lap.

"Babe, what happened?", he asked, holding me close to him. I clutched at his shirt and let my tears fall.

"Why?", I whispered.

"What?"

"Why her?"

"Baby", he sighed.

"Don't pity me please. Just tell me, why her?"

"I-I don't know."

"Do you love her?"

"No."

"Why not? You left me for her."

"I don't know,  Y/N."

"What do you know then? Why are you here? You were with her, why did you come here?"

"Baby please."

"Leave, Harry."

"No", he replied sternly.

"No? Why not?"

"Because I don't want to leave you breaking."

"You already did that, Harry."

"I can't leave you."

"You have her."

"I don't need her."

"Then why did you leave?"

"Because I was stupid."

"You love her though, don't you?"

"No, I don't."

"Why are you here?"

"Because I care about you."

"You don't, Harry", I sighed.

"I do, I really do care about you."

"You're trying to convince yourself."

"No, I want you to believe me. I care about you more than her."

"She's your girlfriend, Harry."

"And still you mean more to me than she ever will."

"Harry."

"Y/N."

"What?"

"I love you."

"Don't say that. You left me the last time you said it."

"But I am here to stay this time. Believe me, baby, I love you."

"What about-?"

"I'll tell her. You need me right now."

"I want to be there when you tell her, then."

"Okay."

"Okay."

"I missed you,  Y/N."

"I missed you too."

"I love you,  I promise I won't leave you this time."

"I hope you keep your promise."

"I will."

"I love you too, Harry."

_________________________