Space Between (Part Two)

Just a reminder:
Y/M/N - Your Mother's Name
Y/L/N- Your Last Name
Y/S/N- Your Sister's Name

••

I sat in the car, watching the scenery pass by, holding my breath for a second. I fiddled with the skirt of my dress, like it would help me calm down somehow. It had been four years since I had seen my family and I dreaded it more than anything.

"Y/N? What's wrong?", he asked, as he grabbed my hand softly, concern written all over his face. His simplest touch calmed me.

"Nothing, Hoseok", I replied with a smile.

"Don't worry about them, jagi. Everything will be just fine."

Somehow, he always knew what to say to comfort my worries. He knew exactly the words I needed.

"I love you."

He smiled, brining my hand to his lips and placing a soft kiss and I knew what he meant to say.

•••

We got out of the taxi, our luggage on our side as we walked to my parents home. Hoseok took ahold of my hand and give me his best smiles as I rang the bell.

"Y/N!", my mum said as she swung the door open.

"Hi, mum."

"Oh, sweetie, it's been so long since I saw my little baby", mum wiped a tear.

"Can we get inside first? Hoseok and I are really tired from the journey", I mummered.

"Oh, apologies. I didn't even acknowledge you there. I'm Y/N's mother, Y/M/N."

"It's nice to meet you, Mrs. Y/L/N", Hoseok replied.

Mum let us in and told us to go to my old bedroom, which she had taken the liberty to clean and place new sheets in.

"So, what colour is your room?", Hoseok asked.

I rolled my eyes at him, "Why are you even asking when you know the answer?"

"You never know. You might have had a different taste back then", he shrugged teasingly.

"Aren't you a little too smart", I replied.

"Ah, you love it though."

"Let's go sleep, first. I'm so drained from the journey." I couldn't believe I had finally come back to my home town after these four years. I smiled, reminiscing the first time I had met Hoseok.

Hoseok waved in front of my face, "What are you smiling about?"

"Oh, nothing. Nothing", I shrug, opening my bag to change into pyjamas.

"Hm. Haven't seen that smile on you for a long time now."

I turned towards him, "What kind of smile?"

"The one you just had on your face? Where you're thinking about something but don't want to talk about it."

"Oh whatever. I'm going to get changed so I can sleep for sometime."

"You do that, I'll get some work done till then", he replied, pulling his laptop from his bag and taking a seat on my bed.

•••

I woke up from the knocks on my door. I rubbed my eyes, feeling Hoseok hold me closer.

"I have to open the door, babe", I mummered as he loosened his grip and I got up from the bed to open the door.

"Yeah, mum?"

"Dinner is ready, Y/N. Your dad is waiting to see you and someone else is here as well", she smiles cheekily.