Rather Be (Request)

I heard the door open, and in came my boyfriend.

"Mayara", I heard him mummer.

I rolled my eyes as I kept picking his mess up.

"Gimme a hug, darlin'."

"Harry, go sleep. You're drunk."

"Oh c'mon, don't be such a party pooper", he pouted.

"I'm working, Harry."

"Then stop."

I breathed, trying to ignore the nagging at the back of my head.

"Are you going to help me then?"

"What, you expect me to do house chores as soon as I get back home?", he narrowed his eyes at him.

"No, but I expect you to help me."

"You might as well say that I should stay at home do this work."

"It wouldn't hurt nobody."

These pesky fights had been going on since last week. He had promised to spend this week with me at home, instead he went out to get drunk.

"You expect too much from me, Mayara", he said suddenly.

I looked at him. My gut suddenly twisted. I could feel where this was going.

"I guess I do", I said, meekly.

"I-I think we should take break."

Two years of fighting for him for nothing.

I held a sob and dropped his clothes and things on the living room floor.

"Okay", I whispered and rushed to our room.

I had no where to go tonight. I picked up my purse as tears slid down my face. I walked down the stairs, wiping away my tears. I saw Harry lying on the couch, sound asleep.

I walked over to his sleeping body.

"Fuck, I love you, Harry", I whisper to myself as I stop myself from placing a kiss on his lips.

I turn away and placed the house key on the shelf near the front door.

I walk outside and started walking to the tube station.

I stepped inside the eerily quiet tube.

I got down at some station, not bothering to hear where I had went. I kept walking.

I had not realised that it was almost 2 at night.

Suddenly I heard the familiar song of my phone ringing.

I picked it up. I had not realised that I was crying and dining until I said a broken, "Hello?"

"Where the hell are you!?"

"H-Harry?"

"Who else would call you two in the morning?", he sounded annoyed and worried at the same time.

"I- I thought-"

"Where are you? I'm coming to pick you up."

I looked around and told him where I was exactly. He told me to stay there and soon hung up. I tried to calm myself as I waited for him.

I didn't know why I was waiting, nor did I put much thought to it. I just did.

I heard the screeching of tires as the car in front of me came to a complete halt.

Suddenly, I was being pulled up from the street and ring held in a pair of arms.

"Don't ever do this again, okay?", Harry  mummers.

I stood still.

Harry realised and pulled away, holding my face in his hands, "What's wrong?"

"We broke up, Harry", I muttered.

"Wha- you didn't take it seriously, did you? Mayara, baby, I was drunk."

"Harry, for all I know, you meant every word you said."

His eyes turned glossy, "I'm sorry, Mayara. I didn't. I swear. Trust me, baby. I love you."

"I don't know-"

"Please, come home with me."

I stared at him. I tried gorge if he was being honest. That he really did love me. His eyes held sincerity and I found myself nodding and letting him take me home.

While in the car, he put his hand on my knee, making me turn to look at him.

"I love you", he said, taking his eyes off the road for a second.

"I love you too."

"I didn't mean what I said back at home- it was all just a mistake-"

I laughed, "It's okay, Harry."

He nodded and smiled.

Everything was fine.

_______________

A/N:

I'm so so sorry it took so long to post it!! I hope you like it tho, I actually found time to write this when I was sick (oops)

College is seriously annoying af. I never got this much work in school dammit

Anywayyyy

Vote and Comment

Dedicated to @mah_tiemi_s2

Love x