Good For You (Request)

I wiped the dust on my apron as I kept baking the caking.

It was his favourite. He always asked me to make it when he came back to town.

I smiled as I thought about finally seeing him after months.

The doorbell rang as I put the cake in the oven.

"Joyce! Look who's here!", my mother yelled for me.

I rushed to take my apron off and ran to the door.

"Harry!", I exclaimed as I saw the mass of long curly hair walk into the hallway.

I jumped in his open arms and he spun me around.

I giggled like a school girl (excuse my childish behaviour when I see my best friend after eight months)

"Joyce, how are you?", Harry asked as he put me back on the ground and I hugged him.

"I'm good now that you're here. How are you?"

We chatted for hours and he had the cake I had made for him as we sat in my room. We were watching a film when I caught myself staring at him. The face that I had come to love. If only he knew. I didn't know he loved me the way I did, I couldn't tell. He never showed any emotions.

His arm was wrapped around my shoulder as I kept looking at him. I let out a sigh.

He would never feel the same way about me, I know this all too well.

But a girl can hope, right?

"Joyce, what's wrong?", he asked.

"Oh, nothing. Do you want popcorn?", I asked quickly.

He nodded and paused the film.

I got up and went to put the popcorn in the microwave.

As I walked back to my room, I tried to shake away my feelings for my best friend.

I opened the door and saw Harry on my table, reading my diary.

"What the hell!?", I yelled as I ran to snatch it away from him. I was too late, he had already read what it said.

I could see the shocked look he had written all over his face.

"Y-you've loved me for how long?", he asked.

"It's bullshit, Harry. D-don't mind this."

"No, Joyce. It isn't. Tell me, right now", he yelled at me.

I flinched, "Since w-we were twelve. At least that's when I knew."

"Ten years?", he questioned.

I kept quiet.

"I can't believe you. All this time, you lied to me. I was never a friend to you. Gosh, you're such a liar. All those people were right, you wanted me all to yourself."

I shook my head, "No. I swear, Harry. I'm not selfish. I never wanted to take you away from anyone. I never did anything to make you think this way, I swear Harry. Please, believe me."

Tears started to form in my eyes.

"I can't. I'm sorry. I can't even see your face. God, you're so pathetic. I can't ever love you that way. You're nothing, Joyce. Nothing.", he said.

I winced at his words, "Please, let me ex-"

He shook his head and left the room, slamming the door shut on his way out.

I shook visibly as a sob escaped through my mouth and tears streamed down my face.

I already knew he didn't love me but the way he said it, it hit. And it hurt, it hurt so much. I fell to my knees as I threw the diary away. I couldn't believe this actually happened. I fell for my best friend and he got to know because I was careless enough to keep my diary on show.

I sobbed continuously, as treacherous tears kept pouring down my cheeks.

My young love was shattered and so were my hopes of ever finding true love as the one I loved insulted me.

___________________

A/N:

Hiiii, sorry for such a late imagine @PaulineHEART . I hope you all like it!

Guess what? I'm in London! Also, Merry Christmas to everyone!

How did your Christmas go?

Vote and Comment

All the love xx