On our way

PEETA'S POV

I get discharged from the hospital a couple of days later. Katniss never left my side, I couldn't be much happier but I know something's bothering her. I place my hand on hers, while she lays on the other side of our bed. Pushing her hair off of her face I plant a kiss on her cheek then head downstairs to make her some breakfast. While i'm making eggs and bacon I see on the corner of my eye Haymitch walking in.

"Hey kid, mind if I join?, I ran out of food yesterday.."

"Yeah Haymitch your always welcomed here"

He sits on the chair and begins to eat some cheesebuns I made for Katniss.

"So Haymitch? how's life treating you?, do you know anything about Effie or Plutarch, the elections must be coming soon. I saw it on the news earlier, everyone's going to vote for Paylor of course"

Haymitch burps then eats two more bacons. "Yeah Effie is alright.." He winks. "My biggest concern is that Paylor now has Plutarch and he might convince her to do The Hunger Games of the capitol's childrens"

I stand in shock "But thats how everything's started right? we need to stop that non sense that caused nothing but pain, THEY KILLED MY FAMILY"

I shut my eyes close and go to the corner of the kitchen.

"I'm Peeta Mellark, My home is district 12, My name is Peeta Mellark, i'm from district 12..." I keep on saying it repetitively.

"Boy relax.." I hear Haymitch stand behind me grabbing my arms for security. "Boy you ok?.." I snap out of my consciousness and look at him in fear.

"I- I am.." I walk to the table and wipe away a few tears I have on my face.

"I should get going.." Haymitch says.

"Gotta go feed those damn goose" he stumbles out picking a little of alcohol I use to bake.

I close the door behind him and go check on Katniss. She still sleeping, better go out her  brekfast on the oven before it gets cold.

A/N: New updates!!! What do you guys think? comment & share the story -Nicole