Long ride

Later after we finish packing our stuffs I go take shower leaving Peeta back in our room. I couldn't bare the thought of going back to the capital. Thats where Peeta and I broke up, where we had all of our missunderstandings. I washed my hair twice not wanting to get out of the shower. Once I was done I dryed myself and put on some pjs and braided my hair as usual but loose this time since I was going to sleep. I heard Peeta snoring which made me chuckle a bit suddenly waking him up. He smiled at me and opened his arms towards me. I lay down on his chest and he wrapped them around me softly. I kissed his cheek but he turned to kiss my lips.

|Next Day|

PEETA'S POV

I hear a loud knock coming from downstairs.

I carefully unwrap my arms from Katniss and go downstairs.

I open the door and see Effie and the prep team standing there.

"About time! Here's my precious victor" Effie says hugging me. Her wig gets in my eye so I pull away quickly.

"Nice to see you Effie, isn't it a bit early?" Its barely 5am.

"Well yes but the schedule is a bit of a bare we must be in th capital by noon! Now where's Katniss?" Effie asks entering the house along with Flavius and Octavia.

"She's sleeping but I better wake her up" I open the door upstairs and wake up Katniss. She didn't seem so happy but she coped with Effie's schedule madness.

By the time Katniss is done with her wardrobe and make up i'm already getting our luggage in the car. She's wearing a black sweater with red stripes on the sides and plain jeans and black boots.

I'm just wearing a white tshirt and a brown jacket along with blue jeans and black boots also.

"You all ready to go?" Effie asks finishing Katniss hair. We all get in the car and head to the train station. When we got there we hopped on the train quickly heading to the capital. Me and Katniss go into our compartment and settle up. Everyone's going crazy about us being there at the ceremony. As soon as i'm finished I lay down in exhausment.

Katniss POV

I see Peeta lay down after we finish unpacking a few stuffs here in our room. I watch the news for a little while then I grab a glass of juice thats near our night stand next to our bed. I look out the window and see we're approaching district 11. It looks better than last time, the peacekeepers are no longer there and people are working perfectly and happy in the crops. I place my sight on this little girl that looks exactly like Rue I keep telling myself it isn't her. I see her beggining to run towards the train then dissapearing in the tracks.

"RUE! RUE!" I begin to cry out histerically.

I bang loud on the window probably waking Peeta up and rushing towards me.

"Katniss what happened? You're okay?" He puts his hands around me but I back away in fear.

This reminded me of the flashback I had in the woods with Gale. It wasn't as bad as this one though.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I nod but then words don't come out of my mouth.

The fear I felt when I saw Rue made my body numb and my mind go totally blank.

I sit on the edge of the bed and begin to cry.

"Katniss please what happened your worrying me!" Peeta kneels besides me but I don't respond anything to him.

Words can't quite come out of my mouth right now and I don't know why.

I just stare at the wall with tears falling shutting everyone and everything off of me right now.

Peeta keeps talking to me but I can't respond to him, I want to but can't.