Nothing's lost

I wake up not finding Peeta by my side. I turn to see my dinner covered in a plate with different shapes of spoons besides it.

I get up and quickly head to the bathroom, once I finish I open my bag and take out some fresh clothes before eating my food.

I braid my hair to the side as usual and open the plate that contains my food, as usual lamb stew and cheese buns.

I quickly dig in although I don't like the capital this is my favorite dish so far and one I can really enjoy.

Peeta and the rest must be at the museum by now so I lay back and turn on the TV.

Ceaser seem to be announcing everybody's arriving.

There are a bunch of lights with different colors. It looks similar to other buildings here in the Capital so I don't pay much attention to the structure of it.

And also there's a big red carpet along with the most important people in Panem.

I carefully place all my attention on it when I see Peeta and the team entering.

He looks gorgeous and his suit fits him right, I regret letting him go alone because he looks so overwhelmed but now president Paylor is welcoming him.

Suddenly the cameras turn back to Ceaser to announce the ceremony.

I place all my attention to the president who is now stepping on stage to begin the introductory. She directs to the people and begins to talk:

"We welcome you to this great evening. We like to thank everybody who made it here to celebrate this day. I have a very special guest Panem! You know him as the baker's boy our one and only Peeta Mellark everyone" with that Peeta walks to the stage formally. He shakes hands with the president and stands in front of the mic.

I am breathless to Peeta's speech.

His words made me have a warm and enchanting feeling.

Peeta seems like he was programmed for the cameras because he always knows the right things to say. Thats one of the qualities I love about him. I don't care what anybody says he's still my boy with the bread.

After a while of watching I turn off the TV and head to the balcony, I can see the lights and fireworks coming from the museum.

It felt as If I had to be there so I quickly hop on the shower and pick out my wardrobe. Since I worked a lot with Cinna before I know what dress, shoes, hairstyle and jewelry to wear. Digging on my pile of clothes I find the perfect dress.

Its similar to the dress I wore for the end of my victory tour but instead, the wings around it were blue and I curled up my hair letting it flow down my back which was longer now. I put on matching jewelry and stare in the mirror. A little bit of make up not too much due to it being day and almost night time.

I walk down on the hotel lobby and find somebody unexpected.

"Gale what are you doing here?" I ask.

"Looking for you" he says putting his hand on his pocket.

"Well you found me.."

"You look beautiful by the way and I'm sorry by the way I acted. I know you love Peeta it will never happen again"

"How can I trust you again?"

"Just give me a chance, you've known me for years Catnip"

"I will.. but anyways what are you doing here?

"Just some business stuffs, but I'm glad I got to talk to you. Are you heading to the museum I heard Peeta was there alone"

"Yeah I wasn't feeling well so I stayed but I decided to go now. I'll better get going see you later" with this I hug Gale and walk out the door.

Seeing Gale made me a little nervous but I ignored the feeling.

I'm heading downtown to the museum because there was traffic down the street of the opening so we had to go around.

When I get to the museum instantly all eyes are on me. Flashlights which I hate, paparazzi's asking me questions and stuffs.

Now I now what Peeta was feeling when he got here the feeling is overwhelming and strange. I'm at the entrance and Effie spots me right away.

"Oh darling I'm glad you made it!! La crem de la crem is here and they all want to meet you!" Ugh I hated being presented to people I don't know a thing about but I go with along. I follow Effie and I'm being greeted by the most important people in Panem. I put on my fake smile and pretend I care. I spot Peeta by a table talking to Flavius but I don't bother him. Effie keeps introducing me to all kinds of people. Lets say she's more excited than me to be here so I let her be. Its nice to know everyone's coping with all these changes. No more hunger games but most importantly not pretending for the cameras.