More schedules

After Peeta and I had our talk we ditched the party and headed back to our hotel. As always we found Haymitch with one of the guards fully drunk. We brought him back with us to the hotel and dropped him off to his room smelly with alcohol, he blacked out after that. Peeta and I entwined our fingers and walked back to ours. I decided to take a shower and watch some movies afterwards. Peeta did the same and I laid on his chest and him wrapping his hands around me. Next thing I know it turns to kissing but it wasn't an usual kiss it was more passionate, his tongue finding its way into my mouth full of love and hunger. We went from the bed to the floor, now Peeta had me pinned against the wall. I was at my tip toes fully naked he was still kissing my neck and I was moaning his name. It felt like heaven because we weren't as crazy as we had been before.

| Next Morning |

I was laying besides Peeta on our hotel living room. It was a pretty wild night but I don't care, only Peeta can do this effect on me. Only him can make me do crazy stuffs, not that I don't wanted to. Just as I was about to get up Effie burst in through the doors desperate and worried.

"Oh here you are you two, what was that leaving the party so early??" she said pointing at the capital's newspaper.

"Effie calm down we where just tired.." I pulled up the sheets high up so it can cover my naked body.

"Katniss where are your manners? At least you could've have said goodbye darling. Everyone was asking for you two last night and look what you two freaks where doing!" she said hyperventilating herself with her colorful fan.

"Can you at least give us space to wake up and get dressed Effie? and we'll talk about it later." she nodded and left mad as her usual self. I'm surprised Peeta didn't wake up he was a heavy sleeper. I cuddled up beside him and watch him sleep for a while.

The weeks consisted of endless parties and interviews. Peeta and I manage to get through it together, although I love when he holds my hand and reassures me everything's okay. One night at the ball I see Gale, sitting all alone in the middle of the night. Everyone's enjoying the party except for him, Effie insisted we should bring him with us to the parties and feasts because he was part too of the rebellion. But we avoided talking between all these nights except for today.

"Hey.." I say sitting right besides him.

"Hey Catnip.." he says looking at a full moon.

"What are you doing all alone by yourself here?" I ask.

"Just thinking, you know Katniss even tho you want my feelings to change they're never going away.." I look at him with misery, terror. It felt as if someone had stab me in the heart. I felt horrible just like the time Gale got all those whippings from Thread.

I think--I think when it's all over, It just comes back in flashes, you know?. It's like a kaleidoscope of memories. It just all comes back. I think part of me knew the second I saw him that this would happen. It's not really anything he said or anything he did, It was the feeling that came along with it. And the crazy thing is I don't know if I'm ever gonna feel that way again. But I don't know if I should. I knew his world moved too fast and burned too bright. But I just thought, how can the devil be pulling you toward someone who looks so much like an angel when he smiles at you?. Maybe he knew that when he saw me. I guess I just lost my balance. I think that the worst part of it all wasn't losing him. It was losing me.

"Gale you know you can count on me forever, I'll be your friend and hunting partner but I can never feel that way towards you, I love Peeta.." he sighs but doesn't says much. He just stares out in the open yard right next to the fancy tables. I hug him and I come back to find Peeta. He's looking at some of the desserts throughout the table. Some of the pastry chefs even offered Peeta and I to take some classes with them. But Peeta was a natural so I decided to go another day maybe with Annie or Effie. Even Delly I owe her so much, she helped Peeta with his recovery.

We head back with Effie, I look towards one of the table and Haymitch is drunk as always. The lights, the people and the environment here is always so overwhelming that I manage to escape with Peeta almost every time. I know I will get in trouble but I don't care, I just want to go back home and everything will feel back to normal.