Guilt

3 months later

Peeta and I have been planning our wedding ever since then. I can't forget that feeling only Peeta made me have when he proposed, I was so overwhelmed but sure of what I wanted. Who else would treat me like Peeta does?, who else understands everything we've been through I'm truly grateful for it. I wait for Peeta at home while he's on a business trip down in the capitol. He insisted I should come but nobody hates the capital as much as I do.

Snapping out of my daydreaming I set my book down and walk over to the sink washing my face. I find a 19 year old symbol of the rebellion, grey seam eyed girl that once knew what feeling hopeless ment. I close my eyes trying to delete these horrible memories out of my head before it takes the best of me. I grab the towel and sink into its lucious silky hair cleaning my face then setting it down. After it I remind myself I have to get some game before Peeta comes back so I can try and cook us a delicious meal.

I set on my hunting jacket on the kitchen table packing some things before I leave to the woods like water, sandwiches etc.

Getting my hunting bag I close the front door and leave towards my journey. When I get to the fence I run up deeper to the forest and into my father's lake house.

I rest in the rock besides the lake and let all the fresh air sink into me after catching all the game. I hear a crack behind me and immediately tilt my head back to look who it is.

"Hey Catnip, didn't know you'd be in here.."

"Gale! you scared the living out of me" I say putting down my arrows. I hug him tight without letting him even respond to me.

"I missed you a lot.." he murmurs I'm still hugging hum tight.

"I miss you too, where have you been? I saw you in my mom's wedding but you ran off" he sits besides me.

"Yeah.. Just had a bad day that evening, no biggie but I've been good I guess, you?" I look at him and see sadness in his eyes without a doubt.

"Good.." He says but I know he lies.

"What made you come back here to 12?"

"Just some unfinished business I had to deal with"

"Oh okay.." I stare at the lake letting the sun shine in front of me while I lean my head on Gale's shoulder. He looks at me then he stares at the lake like I do as he puts his hand on mines. I close my eyes re thinking all of our childhood memories and the fun times we used to have. Without hesitation I kiss his cheek then I hug him. He's stiff and surprised with the kiss.

"I'd knew you'd do that.."

"Gale I-I I didn't" I unwrap myself from him and look him firmly in the eye.

"I knew... remember? I'm in pain, thats the only way I can get your attention.." he looks down then he gets up.

"Gale..!" I grab his arm. "I kissed you because you are my bestfriend, despite all of what we've been through my intentions where never to hurt you ever, you changed, I changed and everyone else did.." I walk out saying no more, the only one left in pain here is me.

Sorry for the wait you guys, hope you enjoy this chapter! -Nicole

Read my sister story
http://w.tt/1KnPKHb