Wedding part. 1

I'm finally here, waiting for my mom to finally come out her room with her dress on. I met her husband Dean, he's a doctor in the hospital she works here in District 2. Peeta likes him and so do I, in so little time we've been here I can tell he's the right one for mom. He's tall almost 6'', green eyes with dark brown hair, skinny but with a lot of muscle just the perfect fit. His family came a long way because he was raised in a Peacekeeper's family, his grandpa, dad and uncle all were but he wanted to be different also make a difference in people's lives. I think thats one of the reasons I like him, he's genuine and has a good heart.

"So.. how do I look?" I turn around and see my mom in the most gorgeous dress I could ever see.

"You look stunning mom, Dean will be blown away when he sees you no doubt" I go up to her and hug her. A tear slips but I wipe it away quickly. Then Alicia the Dean's sister comes in with my mom heels, shes kind of clumsy with them but she had a lot of practice.

"Its time girls, Katniss you look so gorgeous just like your mother. Are y'all ready?" she leans on the door waiting for my mom to finish up her make up. It's an all white party, and its out in the woods of District 2. The mayor made some arrangements so that it would be safe out here.

Its a small ceremony not like 12's but they have different traditions here no doubt. Something called 'Vows' as in they both repeat some words to each other then kiss and seal it with the honeymoon. My body gets shaky I feel like i'm getting married myself, but I know Peeta isn't quite ready for that kind of commitment yet.

"Ready mom? you look beautiful enough, come here" I fix the tail of her dress which is long and wavy. I hold her hand and we place ourselves to enter the woods. It's a long corridor with leafs and petals all over the floor. Everyone is staring and I notice Peeta standing in the first row smiling at me.

The music begins and I hold my mom tight since I can tell she's hella nervous. We walk and flashbacks invade my mind since the moment me and my mom were together as a family with my dad to when they gave us the news he had died in a mine accident. That was devastating but that was all about to change.

I see Annie, little Fin, Johanna was invited too. Beetie, Haymitch and a bunch of people from the capitol and District 13. Our closest friends that had become kind of our own family when we had lost District 12. I realize I'm smiling and we're almost near Dean so I can give her to pleasure to hand her to Dean. I wish Haymitch have had done this but he refused when I asked him.

My mom blushes and begins to cry once we are near. Dean glanced at her as he was surprised how my mom looked. He got the biggest smile since we arrived here.

"You take care of her okay?, she means the world to me" I hug him and carefully place my mom's hand on his.

"I will Katniss, she's my life now" he laughs and grins at my mom.

I go back and seat next to Peeta and they are both focused on each other's eyes. My mom has always been quiet and shy but with him she's been different, free to be exactly.

They continue the reception and they both say their vows. Once the kiss had sealed their love they walk down the hallway and everyone stands to clap and throw rise up the air. I hold Peeta's hand carefully and we walk back to the party were they both sit and we enjoy the food, music, dances and more.

A/N: Hey guys I'm thinking about making a sequel what do y'all think? pls vote and leave a comment.

BTW. theres 2 parts of this chapter :) not over yet.