Why me?

KATNISS POV

I suddenly wake up with Peeta by my side I lift up his chin a bit and feel tears rolling down his cheek.

"Peeta what happened?" I ask stunt.

"You were having nightmares all night and I couldn't calm you they're getting worse Katniss" he says wiping off the tears.

"I-I don't remember" I suddenly feel my throat hurt a bit and i grab my neck massing the part just down my throat.

"You've screamed a lot so that figures why it hurts" he says getting up from besides me. I look at the clock and its 3:00am sharp.

I begin to remember my horrible nightmare which I do not want to talk about. Peeta lays down besides me wrapping his protective loving arms around my waist and massaging it. I curl up next to him shaking a bit he notices it and begins humming a song which I can't quite get a hold of. Peeta pecks me on the lips and I slowly fall asleep again to the rhythm of his heart beat.

| Next Morning |

I wake up to thunders and raining quite frankly Peeta is a heavy sleeper so I carefully get up without him noticing. I go straight to the bathroom feeling a sharp pain in my stomach. I moan a little but I don't let it get to me. I quickly take a bath and put on a shirt and some slacks. I walk out and Peeta is still sleeping peacefully so I walk downstairs to make breakfast for both of us. I take out some eggs and bacon and toast up the bread in the toaster to it will be crispy. I see buttercup hissing so I feed him as well.

"Stubborn Cat! I'll still cook you" I say laughing at that thought. But I would never because he is the only thing Prim left me to take care of. I finish frying eggs and bacon and set up both plates in the kitchen. I begin to eat because I oddly feel much more hungry. Its been about 20mins now and Peeta is not up so I go upstairs to check up on him. I go over to him and kiss his cheeks and notice he's not breathing...

"PEETA!" I yell shaking him.

"Katnis whats wrong?" he says now sitting up my heart goes back to its normal place and I feel quite dizzy. I hear Peeta's voice fade while I hold on to the side of the bed seeing flashbacks of the war and even worse, Peeta attacking me. I feel Peeta's hands on me but I black out instantly.

PEETA'S POV

I rush over to katniss who is now screaming my name. I wake up instantly sitting up looking at her but something's wrong and she begins to grab the side of the bed.

"Katniss can you hear me? stay with me please!" I say but she's already on the floor. I take her up in my hands and rush to the nearest hospital. When I get to the Emergency room they take Katniss into a room which i'm not aloud to and then I hear one of the nurses say "She's not breathing! get the machine on count of 3, 1,2,3" I watch them lift her up to another bed looking lifeless. I get taken out of the hall out to the reception. I call Haymitch which appears in seconds.

"Oh Haymitch over here.." I wave at him and he rushes to me.

"What happened boy?"

"I don't know she blacked out infront of me idk whats wrong"

"I guess we'll have to find out" we see the doctor about Haymitch's age walk up to us.

"Hi I'm Dr. Makenzy nice to meet you" she says shaking both of our hands.

"Katniss will be okay... she just um Haymitch can we talk in private?" she points out.

"Sure" Haymitch spits out.

"Wait I deserve to know too whats going on?"

"I'll be right back Peeta" the dr. walks away with Haymitch and they both keep looking at me like i'm some sort of hopeless kid. Haymitch comes back and puts his hands on my shoulder and says "Shes gonna be perfectly fine I promise, the anesthesia will wore out in about half an hour and she will come home"

"Thank God" i manage to say letting out a sign of relief. The real question is still remain unknown but as long as Katniss is alright I will be too.

KATNISS POV

I hear someone talking next to me but I can't hear them clearly I try to semi open my eyes but I can't something's making me really dizzy thats when I realize I'm at the hospital. Peeta took me here I guess because of what had happened. I manage to open my eyes slowly and see me laying down in this comfy hospital bed and a machine attached to me. A Dr. comes in and checks my vitals.

"How are you feeling Katniss? I'm Dr. Makenzy" she says smiling.

"I don't know.. I feel really dizzy" I say weakly.

"You'll be alright its just the anesthesia" she says.

"Anesthesia for?" i ask because this is only for patience who are at really risk of something worse happening.

"Well.. Katniss we run some test on you and you where about 2 weeks pregnant.. but you had a miscarriage due to stress or even naturally meaning the baby wasn't suppose to be born" she says and my heart starts beating faster and faster she notices on the monitor and comes up to me to calm me down.

"Dr. thats impossible I-I didn't.."

"Its okay Katniss.. you're okay"

"Does Peeta knows?" he would be heartbroken.. i think go myself.

"No and your father Haymitch told me not to tell him so I spoke to him on private" she says and I show a sign of relief. I rub my now empty belly and begin to cry.

"Why me?, what more can I take from myself.." I say crying now harder sobbin.

"I wanna see Peeta" I say trying to stand up but a sharp pain runs up to my body.

"Katniss wait you can't get up it'll hurt you even more" she says putting me back in bed.

"I'm already hurt I want my Peeta here with me!" I say yelling uncontrollably. She injects a needle in my serum and I fall to a dark and scary sleep again.

A/N: // Read my latest story 'Hijacked' Peeta's POV of his hijacking please comment and read :) //