Sketches

I head back to town and find Sae at the hob. Peeta went back home to start on our dinner.

I give Sae the game full of birds, she thanks me and I give her a small grin.

I head to the other side of the Hob to buy liquor for Haymitch, even tho I don't like that he drinks he'll never stop forsure, I pay the man and quickly head back home.

I'm stopping on my way to give Hazelle some squirrels. I reach up my house and find Peeta in the kitchen. I try to prank him bt sneeking up behind him but I fail.

"Ah Good one Kat, I saw you through the kitchen window" he says.

"Next time I'll scare you watchh!" I sit down tired as hell trying to catch my breath while Peeta cooks our meal.

I go upstairs to take a shower and change into comfortable clothes. Instead I find one of Peeta's long shirts and put it on without a bra.

I sit on a chair I have facing my closet mirror and I slightly brush my hair after taking out my braid.

I head downstairs and Peeta's still cooking.

I try sneaking up to him now tip toeing so he wont notice. I put my hands around his waist and he jumps hitting me hard in the jaw with the back of his arm. I grab my mouth in pain and back off.

"I'm sorry Katniss I told you not to scare me" he says holding my face.

"I shouldn't have scared you either" I punch him lightly on the arm. "Make it up to me or you wont be sleeping in bed tonight".

"How my queen?" he says stepping a little closer wrapping his arms around me.

Our lips connect instantly I wrap my hands around his neck, rubbing my hand through his soft blonde hair. He picks me up putting me on the counter top. We laugh because he almost falls attempting this. I wrap my legs around his waist and I can see his hands sliding up my inner tighs. Between each moan, kiss, touch I feel fire and chills down my spine. I coudn't explain only Peeta can give me this. It was too good to stop so I gave in and the rest of the night goes in a blur back and forth.

~ Next Morning~

I wake up in the living room alone, Peeta's gone. I feel a cold breeze and shiver, I notice the front windows are open just like Peeta likes them. I get up and close them as quickly as I can before the rain starts. The clouds are grey and the sun is slowly disappearing among them. I turn back and bump with the coffee table I see a note which I don't mind picking up. I run upstairs to take a shower and change to a clean wardrobe. Fixing my hair I find Peeta's sketchbook half open, I feel like I would be violating his privacy if I open it but I was curious to see. Flipping to the first pages there are portraits of me as a little girl. It was odd so much detail I could swear it was a picture, I keep looking and see Peeta's older brother and his dad. He must've miss them a lot. After it there are torturing scenes this must of been when he was captured by the capital, the drawings illustrate him running back to get me after Johanna hit me with the coil in the arena. I turn the page over and I see other drawing of pieces of the force field falling down in the second arena rand a big wave washing them away, him and Johanna where unconscious at the time when they where lifted by the hovercraft. Tears start forming in my eyes when I see the last drawing of Peeta getting injected with the venom. He drew the pain he felt, it felt as if it was burning his whole body it was slowly killing him and I couldn't do anything about it. Pictures of Johanna where too included, her cell was besides his thats how they where familiar with each others screams. I close the sketchbook and try to wipe the tears away. Buttercup jumps in bed and I pet him still having tears in my eyes and I ask myself again.. How can anybody live like this?