Surprises

Peeta's POV

I suddenly find myself in a very bright and blank space. I turn around and the bakery is a mess. I feel confused ad sa d at the same time I shouldn't have taken all my anger off in here but this place felt like home. Even if home wasnt always what I expected. I looked up to my older brother's which they were mom and dad's favourites as always everyone seemed to have trouble with me specially mother who always had a reason to beat me up for the smallest things. I get up my office chair and rub my hair back looking at the mess I made. After two long hours I finish putting everything back to its place and decide to head back to Katniss house which I don't remember much of last night I bet she could tell me. I start walking back I even jog to speed up my pace. I open the door and head upstairs to look for Katniss. Carefully I open her bedroom door not letting the door make any noise.

"Katniss.." I whisper she moves around and I notice the dark bruises and black eye...

C-Could this.. Could this mean something?? What the hell happened last night? I shake her not believing my eyes.

"Katniss wake up" I shake her and when she finally does she begins to cry tears streaming down her eyes she looks at me hiding her bruises.

"Peeta.." she whispers with such pain.

"What have I done to you?.."

"You had another attack but this one was worse Peeta" she reaches to grab my arm but I retreat in fear of hurting her again.

Katniss POV

I carefully grab Peeta's hand but he retreats in fear.

"Peeta its okay, we can't keep avoiding or keep feeling sorry for each other everytime this happens. Its something we have to life with. And i'd really rather die than to be without you again" tears start to appear and my hands get shaky a bit while Peeta sits besides me facing me carefully putting his hands on my face and connecting both of our foreheads like back in the arena at the Quarter Quell. "

"Katniss I just want you to know your safety and life is everything to me and I don't want to keep hurting you this way" he speaks making me shiver a bit.

"We will get through this" with this I seal this promise with a kiss.

"If not will you meet me at midnight in The Hanging Tree?" I sing between each kiss. Peeta's eyes close but a tear streams down his face so I sing:

"Are you? Are you?,
Coming to the tree
Where the dead man
called out for his love to flee
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met up at midnight in the Hanging Tree." Peeta listens perfectly silent. We kiss for a while both of our tongues join eventually then we stop. He lays back in my arms and I sing to him brushing back his blonde curls till he falls asleep.

"Katniss will you stay with me?" he whispers.

"Always" I answer kissing his forehead.

3 weeks later

Me and Peeta are now on regular basis, I hunt and he runs the town's bakery. No more nightmares and no more flashbacks until last night but he coped with it holding on to the sides of the bed. He promised he wouldn't hurt me again and the capitol's doctors have been visiting often to help too.

I walk through the woods doing my usual hunting. Minutes later I head back home trying to not drop my game I hunted a lot today so I got lots of squirrels and lamb meat. When I open the door a letter drops right in front of me. I carefully pick it up examining it. When I open it my mouth drops and my hand flashes to my mouth. Its my mom's wedding invitation. Its gonna held 3 days from now and she wants me to be the one who takes her down the isle. Mom doesn't have any relatives left so it wonders why. Tears start falling down my face as I put the game bag down the table. I sit there wondering every detail and trying to understand what made her take the big step. I know Dad can never be replaced but we have to move foward I'm just happy she's happy. I hear the door open and notice is Peeta. I wipe my face so he wont see me crying as he walks in.

"Hey Kat- whats wrong?" he sits besides me and I hand him the invitation. His eyes flash wide and he looks back at me. "Well thats surprising Katniss, arent you happy for her?"

"I-I am, and she wants me to be the one to walk her down the isle" I tell him and he smiles.

"You're really going? that'll mean a lot to her" he says.

"I guess, if thats what makes her happy then i'll have to accept it." I smile holding Peeta's hand. "I know after the wedding she'll be busy and we wont talk much so this is my last chance of seeing her again before she starts a new life" I look down but Peeta raises my chin.

"I love you, I know that your mom loves you too and she wanted you to be a part of this, do whats right and make her happy" he kisses my forehead and stands up.

Peeta makes dinner for the both of us then we head upstairs taking a bath and laying down holding each other. I couldn't manage to sleep I just felt the need to stay up and observe him. Its quite amazing to me no lie I brush back each strand of his blonde hair and kiss his cheek. Peeta smiles in his sleep and snuggles me closer. I fall asleep once again with the beat of his heartbeat not wanting this moment to end. His heart, his spirit and his everything is what keeps me going. My dandelion of the spring.

// Read my latest story 'Hijacked' Peeta's POV of his hijacking please comment and read :) //