New Beginings

-Charlie's POV-
"Where are you going, freak?" Ruby asked as I passed her on the landing of the adoption home.

"I'm being adopted." I said with a smile and ran down the stairs with my backpack and dufflebag. I walked to the front desk where Juliet and Andy waited for me.

"Ready to go kiddo?" Andy asked grabbing my bags and throwing his arm over my shoulder. I nodded and we started to walk out the front door when I heard Ruby start to laugh behind me.

"See you in 2 weeks, freak show." She laughed harder and I looked down at the ground and let my hair fall loose. I knew she was right, 2 weeks will go by and I'll be walking up the fromt steps again.

"You're a bully. Maybe that's why you are still here. Have you ever thought about that little girl?" Juliet spat at Ruby. I smiled a little and heard Ruby sigh and stomp off. I giggled as we walked towards the car.

Andy put my things in the trunk and I got into the backseat and buckled up. Juliet got into the passengers side and Andy got into the drivers seat. He buckled up, turned on the stereo, and blasted Motley Crue. I smiled and tapped my finger on the side of the window. He pulled out of the parking lot and onto the highway.

"So, Chareolette, are you hungry?" Andy asked looking at me through the rear view mirror.

"No, not really." I shook my head and looked out of the window.

"You don't want to go out to eat?" Juliet asked, sounding a little bit upset.

I shook my head and looked at her with a small smile.

"I'm not hungry, thank you though." I said in almsot a whisper. Juliet nodded and then turned back around. We all stayed pretty silent the rest of the way until we pulled up infront of a mansion.  I unbuckled my seatbelt and stepped onto the gravel driveway, as did Andy and Juliet.

Andy grabbed my bags and walked around to where Juliet and I stood. I stood there for a couple of seconds longer to admire the house before running to catch up with my new parents.

We walked inside and Juliet turned to me.

"Andy will show you to your bedroom, you can unpack and then when you're done come down to the living room, okay?" She said with a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth. Andy kissed her forehead before walking up the stairs. I followed him to a room.

He opened the door and we stepped inside. He placed my bags on the bed in the center of the room. The room had an attached bathroom with a walk in closet, and two sliding doors that revealed a balcony.

The bed was a Queen sized bed with a flat screen tv hangin on the wall opposite of the bed. I took in everything with awe and Andy watched with a smile.

"Do you like it? Juels and I took 2 months to do this room for you." Andy said walking towards me.

"Thank you, I love it." I said. He stopped walking and looked down at me sense he was much taller.

"Is it okay if I hug you?" Andy asks, not sure of what I was or wasn't comfortable with.

"Sure." I said with a smile. He wrapped his long arms around my small frame and hugged me with so much warmth and love. I hugged him back and He let go a couple kf second later.

"Juels and I will be in the living room. Come down when you're done." Andy says pointing to my bags before walking out of my room.

Maybe this won't be so bad after all. Maybe things will start looking up from me. Maybe.