Saviour

-Ashley's POV-
Charlie's body was curled up into mine as I sat against her head board to support the both of us. I smoothed her hair down and looked down at her bruised and beaten body.

She was so beautiful, and sweet. How could anyone do this to my precious girl? Her eyes stared blankly ahead at her bedroom door like she was waiting for something. For something to just take her and hurt her again.

"Charlie. Nobodies going to hurt you. As long as I'm here, I won't let anybody lay a finger on you again. I promise. You need rest baby, please close your eyes and go to sleep. I'll stay here with you." I said softly, rubbing her cheek with my thumb.

She stirred in my arms and then nodded and dropped her head down onto my lap and closed her eyes.

"Ash." She whispered in a raspy voice. I was surprised she spoke, she hasn't talked in hours.

"Hmmm?" I responded and looked down at her.

"Can you song for me?" She asked innocently, looking up at the soft expression on my face. I cleared my throat and chose a song that I thought would lull her to sleep.

" I never meant to be the one
Who kept you from the dark
But now I know my wounds are sewn
Because of who you are
I will take this burden on
And become the holy one
But remember I am human
And I'm bound to sing this song

So hear my voice remind you not to bleed
I'm here,

Saviour will be there
When you are feeling alone, oh
A saviour for all that you do
So you live freely without their harm

So here I write my lullaby
To all the lonely ones
Remember as you learn to try
To be the one you love
So I can take this pen
And teach you how to live
What is left unsaid
The greatest gift I give

So hear my voice remind you not to bleed
I'm here,

Saviour will be there
When you are feeling alone, oh
A saviour for all that you do
So you live freely without their harm

Saviour will be there
When you are feeling alone, oh
A saviour for all that you do
So you live freely without their harm

When I hear your cries
Praying for light
I will be there

When I hear your cries
Praying for life
I will be there

I will fight!
I will always be there!

I will fight!

Yeah!"

I sang softly, finishing the song and watched Charlie's eyes slowly shut. He breathing slowed and became rythmatic as I gently brushed my fingers through her hair and rubbed her head.

I sat up, with her in my lap, leaning my head against the headboard enjoying the silence. I hummed to my self and closed my eyes. I felt her heartbeat on my stomach and I smiled; until it became softer and softer, and soon it was faint.

I opened one eye and looked down at her, wondering if I was just paranoid. When I wasn't reassured I opened the other and sat up and lightly shook her body. She didn't wake up. I shook her body more vigarously but her eyes stayed shut.

"CHARLIE! Charlie this isn't funny, wake up!" I screamed and continually shook her back and forth but she did not wake.

"Shit!" I yelled and gently rolled her over onto her back on the bed. I dialed Andy's number on my phone and put it on speaker.

"Andy!!! Where are you!? It's Charlie! Sh-she-She fell asleep but.. but her heart isn't beating abd she won't wake up!" I yelled.

"Okay okay uhm call 911, we'll be home in like 2 minutes, try CPR!" Andy said frantically and then the line went dead. I called 911 and told them the emergency and address and began to perform CPR on my girlfriend.

I did 30 compressions and lifted her chin, opening her air way. I gently plugged her nose with my  thumb and pointer finger and pressed my lips against hers and breathed in twice. I watched as her chest rose but I continued since she wouldn't wake up.

I did this until Andy and Juliet showed up. When Andy got here he practically threw me out of the way and helped with the CPR, when Andy got tired, Juliet took over, when It was back to my turn I did 15 compressions.

"Come on Charlie, wake up!" I said pressing harder on her chest. I breathed into her mouth and as soon as my lips touched hers a second time she took in a deep breath and sat up, clutching her throat.

She breathed heavily trying to catch her breath as well all sighed out in releif and pulled her into a tight group hug. The ambulance pulled into the driveway and paramedics rushed to out aid. They layed Charlie down on the stretcher and brought her down the stairs and wheeled her out of the house. 

"Do one of you want to go in the back of the ambulance with her?" A paramedic said and almost immediately, Andy abd Juliet looked at me.

"You go with Charlie Ash, Juels and I will be right behind you." Andy said as he hugged me tightly. Juels kissed my cheek and I got into the back of the ambulane. I grabbed Charlie's hand as the parametic placed an oxygen mask over Charlies mouth and nose. She looked at my through the corner of her eye and squeezed my hand. I squeezed back and leaned over and kissed the top of her forehead.

"I'm right here baby. I'm right here." I whispered as her eyes began to close.