Chapter Twenty: Jesika

Dear Journal,

Christian is staying over tonight. I asked him to since he's leaving so soon. I think I want to tell him about my dad. He deserves to know and he won't leave me. He's pretty much my best friend at this point. If it comes up, I'll tell him. I don't want to be the one to bring it up though. He knows I've told Justin it though so he might be curious and if he asks, I'll tell him.

August 31, 2011 ; Jesika Williams

"Christian!" I called out as he was killing my sides tickling me. His phone started going off and I pushed him away as he grabbed his phone. He didn't even say anything before a voice came out over speakerphone.

"Christian, you need to get over to my house like now. I need to talk to you." Christian looked at me and I nodded at him to tell him to go. That it was alright. It was Justin and they were friends before I came here.

"Alright, but I can only stay for a bit. I'm staying at Jesika's tonight." He said into the phone and I smiled at him.

"Fine." Justin told him and they hung up.

"I'll be right back, I promise." Christian told me and stood up. "Right back." He called over his shoulder. I sighed when I knew he was gone. I stayed on my bed and pulled my laptop up and logged into Skype. The night that Justin came over to apologize about not caring about me, I was on Skype with Hali and I felt like I should finally call her back since I hadn't yet. It seemed like so long ago and really it was, but I decided I should explain to her what was going on. At least she was trying to keep being my friend. 

Lucky for me, she was actually online so I sent her a message asking if she wanted to video with me and she quickly agreed so I video called her. "Hey." I said waving to the computer.

"Whats going on?" She asked me.

"I'm just waiting for my friend, Christian to come back over from Justin's." I told her thinking she'd catch on since I was in Canada.

"Thats cool. Wait. What Christian and what Justin?"

"Hali, I'm friends with Christian Beadles and Justin Bieber. And before you ask, yes I'm friends with Ryan and Chaz too. But Justin isn't speaking to me right now and I don't know why."

"Wait, you've been friends with them this whole time?" Hali was getting more and more excited as we talked.

"Yeah. Well kind of. Mom made friends with Pattie and then I sort of got lumped with Justin a lot since Ty was always out." I shrugged. "I didn't really even know who he was at first when I saw him. He's my next door neighbor. Well its his grandparents house not his. I don't know. But he's staying with them."

"So who are you closest to?"

"Probably Christian. If he comes back over soon, you can meet him." I told her knowing it would make her happy. "I mean he's staying over tonight so its not a big deal if we stay on here until he gets back."

"Alright. So Jes, how are you doing?" Hali asked and I creased my brow at her. "Like really. I know it seems like I never cared but I didn't know what to say to you." She was going to ask about this now? Out of all times? Really? We've talked a few times since I've been gone and not once has this come up.

"Hali, I don't want to talk about this right now." I told her.

"Jes, we've never talked about it."

"Thats because you never asked when you should have." I snapped at her. "You didn't care enough to ask. You knew what I was going through and you didn't even try to help me." 

"I didn't know how."

"That's not true Hali. You were supposed to be my best friend. You knew what I was doing and you just turned the other cheek."