The sentencing

Chapter 1- The sentencing
"Faye come on your going to be late for court" my mum screamed up the stairs I looked at my phone "Saturday May 16th 2015 8:55am" it took me a while to realise then it clicked I'm going to prison today, well I may not be if my lawyer actually does his job..... All of a sudden my mum burst through the door "Faye if we stand any chance of getting you out of a prison sentence we need to leave now!" She screeched in my ear "Jesus Christ woman calm down your not the one going to prison I am" I replied whilst rolling my eyes. I got ready and packed a bag and set off for the agonising journey to the superior court.

We got inside and I sat down my heart was pounding and then the dreaded call "Faye Marshall court 7" I was hesitant to get up but I had to I took a slow walk to the court room savouring the last few moments of me being a normal teenager. "Please state your full name and age" the judge said whilst staring at me I stepped towards the microphone in front of me "Faye Eloise Marshall and I am 19 years old" I said whilst the jury looked at me, I sat down and listened to the long case ahead of me. See the reason I'm here is for assault, I went to a college party a few months back and me and a girl got into a feud and I hit her with a glass bottle and she suffered a lot of injuries.... I snapped back into reality to see a lawyer screaming my name "Miss Marshall you are here for a very serious case, please take more consideration" the judge snapped at me "Yes your honour, can you please repeat the question?" I said nervously "Did you deliberately hit Shanice Holland with the glass bottle?" The lawyer who wasn't supporting me said "No..... I didn't it was a accident" I replied "But I mean you must have been angry this girl was attacking you, you've had a past with her and not a good one. You saw this as your chance for revenge and you took it didn't you?" She snapped at me it all became too much and I stood up "NO I DIDNT!!" My voice echoed all around the room my lawyer glared at me... I've ruined everything this is what that bitch wanted for me to snap so I look like bad.....

For the rest of the time I was sat staring at my family who were crying they knew I was going to jail now the evidence piled up against me I was guilty of assault and GBH my life is over..... After the jury left to make a verdict they came back within an hour "Head chairman of the jury have you made a equal and fair verdict?" The judge said then a man about 22-23 stood up "Yes we have your honour" he replied "Do you find the defendant guilty or not guilty of assault" the judge replied there was a hesitant pause before he opened his mouth "Guilty..." He said I made a little whimper before a tear formed in my eye "And on the account of GBH?" The judge added again a small pause before he opened his mouth and said "Guilty..." My mum screamed and cried "SHES ONLY 19" she screamed whilst crying my brother comforting her "We will get you out Faye just hold on in there" my brother said, the judge turned and looked at me "Faye Marshall will you please stand" he instructed I slowly stood up and looked at him "Faye Marshall you have been found guilty of both charges brought against you and with this will come a jail sentence, take your prisons sentence as a time to reflect on your actions of what you have done....." He said whilst taking a breath before continuing "Faye Marshall I hereby sentence you to 3 years and 8 months in prison, if you serve half your sentence and stay on good behaviour I may consider letting you out after half of your sentence". My heart sank I slumped in the court stand and burst into tears "Take her down" the judge instructed and 2 prison officers dragged me away to a holding cell and my mum and brother emerged I ran to the end of the bars and held my mothers hand "Faye I love you so much...." My mum said "Where are they taking me?" I asked "Litchfield Penitentiary in New York" my brother replied before I could say anything else they were escorted out by a guard and the lights went out.... Is this what the next 3 years 8 months will be like.... My life is over....