What a miracle

"Cmon buddy stay with us" I heard a doctor say I knew he was gone and there was nothing they could do. The room was silent until I could hear something it was a faint scream I looked up in joy and saw my baby squirming about in his little cot "We need to get him over to neonatal intensive care" a nurse said and led him out the room "Where are they taking him?" I asked a doctor "He's very weak and young he needs to be rushed over to intensive care so he can be put in a incubator. But he's alive" a nurse said and smiled "Ms Marshall, your baby is doing fine as you know he was born 3 months early so he is very small and hasn't developed fully he should be fine" the doctor said to me "Do you want to see him?" The nurse asked I nodded and she placed me in a wheelchair and took me to see my son.

"This is him" she said and stopped the wheelchair I looked inside and saw a little baby staring at me with bright blue eyes "he looks just like you" the nurse chuckled "I'm glad he's nothing like his dad" I joked "Do you have a name?" The nurse questioned "Yeah... I do. His name is Kevin Andrew Marshall" I smiled and a tear stroked down my cheek "It's a beautiful name" the nurse said and looked at me. I placed my hand up against the glass of the incubator "You stay strong little man you'll be out soon" I whispered as I glared into his eyes.

~3 days later~
"Marshall I'm sorry but you've gotta go back today" the guard said as he sat next to me "What I can't my son needs me" I pleaded "Healy's orders. You've been granted to see your son 2 times a week for 3 hours each time. Once on a Monday and once on a Friday it's the best I could do" the guard said, I got dressed back into my rags and went and said goodbye "Mummy loves you Kevin I'll see you soon" I said "Wait Miss" someone said I turned around and it was a nurse "We want you to have this" she said and handed me a sheet of paper that had a photo of Kevin on it. His name, weight and birthday.
Name: Kevin Andrew Marshall
Weight: 5 pounds 1 ounce
Birthday: 02/04/16. 19:47 pm
And below that was a hand print and footprint "I love it thank you" I said and hugged the nurse.

I arrived back in the prison I was still weak so I had to be pushed around in a wheelchair. Everyone was staring at me "I hope they kill that crazy bitch" the hairdresser said as I moved past her "They've locked her down in SHU" Nichols said I got back to my bunk and Alex looked in shock as she saw me "Did he....." She started to ask "He's fine. He's tiny but fine" I said and smiled and hugged Alex "Here's a photo" I said and showed her "He's beautiful congratulations" she said "I want you to be on the birth certificate" I blurted "Wait really?" She said shocked "I want you to be part of his life" I said as I looked at her "I'll be honoured too" Alex smiled.

"How is he?" Someone said I turned around and it was Pornstache doesn't he take a hint? "He's fine but you'll never see him" I sneered "your in restricted space your violating your restraining order" Alex added he soon turned and walked away I knew he was upset but it had to be done for the sake of Kevin.....