The Perfect Ending

"Wake up" Alex said to me as I slept in our hotel bed, it was comfortable as anything, the sheets reminded me of when I was younger and we went on holiday to Cuba and the sheets were just like this, I emerged out onto the balcony, the sun scorched me when I walked outside but I got used to it after time. "What did you want to do today?" I asked Alex "Pool day?" I asked "Yeah Kevin would like that." I said and walked inside and got dressed into some shorts and a T-shirt. "Ready?" I said to Alex as she done her hair, she nodded and we walked outside. It was breathtaking outside, we arrived when it was nighttime so we couldn't see much but now I know the next 2 weeks will be great.

We headed down to one of the restaurants and sat down as we ate, the air conditioning was a wonderful sight to see as the one in our room was to complicated to work. "Maybe we could walk along the beach later? They have a kids club I could take Kevin to?" I suggested "Sure!" She replied. We walked around the pool hardly anyone was here but it was a private hotel and cost us a fortune to book. "I could get used to this!" I said as I led on a sun lounger as Kevin slept in his pram next to me. "Glad your enjoying yourself" Alex giggles and held my hand. "Hey you never said our wedding rings were engraved." I said shocked as I looked at the small writing inside my ring "I was hoping you would notice, what does yours say?" She asked "Forever and always together, what about you?" I replied "I will always be with you, near or far." She replied "Aww that's sweet" I blushed.

Later on I took Kevin to the hotels kids club, I was a but reluctant but I was put at ease when they thoroughly went through their security system with me and to rest my mind he will be safe. We walked back outside and I forgot to put my flip flops back on because they were hurting my feet, I emerged into the sun but squealed when I placed my bare foot on the scorching concrete floor "Babe what's wrong?" Alex asked "It's my foot" I whimpered and sat down. "Ouch I didn't know it could get so hot?" Alex said as she looked at my foot. I lifted it up so I could see and I saw a huge red burn on the heel. "Come one we'll soak it in the sea, that should help" she said and put my shoe on and I limped to the sea. I slowly put my foot in the sea and cursed as the salt water soaked into my foot and caused it to sting intensely but surprisingly it worked and soon it wasn't a problem anymore.

We walked up and down the golden sand beaches it was just us here and we had it all to ourselves. We took plenty of photos and spent every moment appreciating this holiday together. We got a bit carried away and found ourselves watching the sunset but luckily the kids club lasts till 10pm. I sat as Alex wrapped her arms around me and she rested her head against mine "I'm glad we worked things through" I whispered "Me too. Your the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I hope that never changes." She said and looked at me and smiled "I love you" I said and kissed her before gazing back out into the distance admiring the surroundings. After everything that's happened over the past 3 years if someone said I would be where I am now I would never have believed them. It just shows that anyone can have a happy ending and that anyone can have a successful future even if they do make mistakes, with me being one of them. I am the luckiest person in the world and I will never take it for granted.

~The End~