Chapter 19

Im so sorry that this took me forever to write. I had writers block and i was sick. But here it is now.

Elizabeth awoke first. The fire was out and a sweating naked Iain was up against her back. His arm was thrown over her hip. She rolled over to face him. He awoke at the kiss she planted on his lips. "Marry Christmas Iain."
"It is Christmas." He said in a sleep voice.
"Iain I love you."
"I love you too."
Elizabeth got up and walked over to find Iain's shirt pulling it on she want to the Christmas tree. Getting the two gifts that were under there. One for her and one for him. They traded presents. "Liz you open yours first." She opened it it was a box. When she opened it there was a necklace with a gold rose. "Iain I love it. Thank you. Can you help me put it on?"
He sat behind her and helped her put it on. He kissed her neck. "Here you open yours now." He opened his it was a black pocket watch.
"I was not sure if you wanted a wristwatch. But then I thought you like to wear vests and now you have a pocket watch to go with that now."
"Elizabeth I love it it's just what I wanted. Thank you so much." He lend over to her and kissed her. "So want is on the Christmas plan?"
"Well Iain we have the Christmas party that work is throwing and that's about it."
"Okay. I'm going to go get firewood."
"Put something on its cold out."
He put on boxers and got so wood. Lighting the fire again. He started to kiss her placing his hands on her hips. "Iain..."
"What?"
"We can't."
"That's not what you said last night."
"Shut up and kiss me." She said laughing. He kissed her slipping his hand under her shirt. "Elizabeth do want me?"
"Yes."
He took her shirt off throwing it to the floor. She came up to cup his jaw.

There was a scratching sound coming for the door. "Iain what's that sound?"
"It sounds like scratching."
"From the door?"
"Put in a shirt while I go check it out."
"Put pants on at least."
She slipped on a shirt and he put pants on. He went to the door opening the door slowly to find a little puppy sitting there. "Elizabeth look it's a puppy."
"A puppy?" She said running to door. The puppy was a black dog. "I don't see people look for her. She looks young."
"Iain should we go around people to see if that know the puppy?"
"Sure. Let's get her inside she little and cold."
He picked the puppy up and handed it to Liz. Liz held the puppy close and sat next to the fire with the puppy. "Iain I'm sorry we were not able to finish what we started."
"It's no problem."

30 minutes later
They were dressed in warm clothes. Liz had the pup in a small but warm blanket. They went door to door all saying she is not there's. "Iain what are we going to do? Every one said no."
"Let's take her to the vet. They have scanners to tell if the dog is chipped if so she has a owner and if not."
"Iain can we keep her If she does not have a home?" She asked with puppy eyes while holding a puppy.
"Oh I can't say no to your puppy eyes. Well I can't say no to you in general." He kissed her. The puppy in her arms was now in the middle of them. He looked down at the pup. "Hi puppy do you have a mummy and a daddy?" The puppy started to lick Iain's face and Iain started to laugh. "I think she want us to be her mummy and daddy." Elizabeth said kissing the puppy head. "Let's go get in the car."
They walked back to the car and drove to the vets.

Vets office
Iain, Elizabeth, and the puppy sat in the waiting room for the  vet to come and get them.  The vet came out a few moments later. "Hello Mr. And Mrs. De Caestecker." Liz and Iain looked at each other.
"We-we are not married." Iain said. "I'm so sorry I just thought...my apologies."
"It's okay."
"So what has you bring in such a cute puppy?"
"Well this morning there was scratching on our front door and I went to go check and I open the door to find her. And we went door to door asking people if she is there's bit no takers. So we want to see if she is chipped."
"Of course."
The vet got out a hand held device. She started to scan the puppy. "Well you can do one of two options. Take her home or take her to an animal shelter. She is not chipped and she has been gone from home or where ever home was for her for a few days. People are not look for her."
"Thank you so much."
"No problem. Merry Christmas."

Iain, Elizabeth, and the puppy all got into the car. "Elizabeth we have a puppy now."
"We need to name her?"
"How about Maggie?" The puppy's head popped up as If she approved of the name. "I think she like Maggie."
Elizabeth kissed kissed Iain on the cheek. "Are any places open?" She asked
"Probably why?"
"She going to need food, a collar, leash, dog bed, ect."
"Okay we shall find that."
He said  kiss her hand.

Store
The got to the only open pet store. They walk in holding little Maggie. The cashier said "Hello how may I help you today?"
"Well we are going to need puppy food, a collar, leash, dog bed, ect. We were hoping you can help us."
"Of course.
The lady helped them get puppy food, a green collar, a matching leash, a dog bed. While Elizabeth was paying for all the items Iain was looking at D-tags for Maggie.

Home
They got home around noon. Elizabeth was still holding Maggie. "Liz can I hold Maggie?" She handed Maggie to Iain. He pulled a collar with a D-tag on it out of his pocket. He slipped it onto Maggie. Putting her down on the floor she ran to sit with Liz who was sitting on the couch. Iain turned on the tv as Elizabeth and Maggie lying down next to him. "Iain what are we going to do with Maggie while on vacation?"
"I was think I can buy her a ticket to fly and our hotel allow dog they even have a daycare center for dogs while you stay."
"Really she can go?"
"Yes she can." She yawned.
"It's been a long day Iain I'm going to take a nap." He pulled a blanket across her. "Thank you." She fell asleep. As he eventually drifted to sleep.