Chapter 75

December 30, 2018

Elizabeth was in the hospital bed with a little pink bundle in her arms. "Hi baby girl." She cooed at the baby as Iain was sleep in the chair. Elizabeth could not stop smiling at her baby girl. Alice looked up at her mother with her hazel eyes. "You have my eyes. That's a good thing." She kissed her daughter's head. "Your brother has blue eyes. Just like your daddy. He's the one asleep over there." She looked over at her sleeping husband and smiled even more. The baby grabbed her finger and just held it looking up at her mother. It's like she know that Elizabeth was her mother right away. Alice began to fall asleep in her arms. "I love you Alice. I always will." She lying her down in the cot next to the bed.

A few hours later Alice awoke and began to cry waking both Iain and Elizabeth. "I got her for you." he jumped up from his spot and gently picked up the bundle. He looked down at the baby in his arms. "It's okay. You're okay. You're safe with me and mummy." He gently placed the baby in his wife's arms. She unbuttoned on side of her gown to allow Alice to feed. She winced in slight discomfort. "Is everything okay?" He asked putting a hand on her shoulder. "Just been a while since I have done this." She rubbed the back of his neck with the hand not holding their daughter. "Iain did you call or text Emma?"

"Yeah. Also she said he and Oliver will come by in the morning."

"Thank you."

"I should be thanking you." He leaned down and kissed her lips. "It took two to tango." She said back as she looked down to see Alice asleep. "Iain get in bed." He crawled in beside her and put an arm around her. She still holding Alice close to her. "Goodnight my beautiful girls."

The next morning Emma and Oliver entered the room. Iain and Elizabeth sleeping head on shoulder with Alice asleep in her arms. Oliver looked up from the ground and poked Iain in the arm. "Oliver let's wait for them to wake up." Emma whispered to him as Elizabeth woke from the commotion of the room. "Emma?"

"Mummy!" Oliver ran to her side and put his arms out for her to pick him. Emma walked over and picked him up for her seeing she is holding the baby. "Mummy is that Alice?"

"Yeah. She is your sister." She shifted slightly and moved Alice to the other arm giving Oliver her left side to snuggle into. "I missed you baby boy."

"I miss you too." Oliver kissed his mother's cheek. "Emma do you want to hold Alice?"

"Sure." Elizabeth handed her the baby girl. "Come here." Oliver climbed up on her lap. "What's wrong Oliver?"

"I am I still your baby?"

"Oliver Maestro De Caestecker you will always be my baby boy. Never forget that. Me and Daddy will always love you just as much as your sister."

"Not the middle name mummy." He said sarcastically as she kissed his cheeks. "You know I chose your middle name. Daddy chose your first name." Iain rolled over to his back. "Are you talking about me?"

"Morning Iain." She kissed his lips. "Morning everyone." Oliver jumped over to his dad. "Can I hold my sister?" Oliver asked. Emma handed Alice to Elizabeth. "Okay. Come sit in my lap." He climbed back over to his mother's lap. She gently placed Alice in his lap still holding her head and an arm around Oliver. She could tell there was a wide smile on his face. Alice began to cry and Oliver began to freak out. Liz picked her up and held her as Oliver hugged Iain's arm. "I'm sorry mummy."

"It's okay. She's a baby. She will cry. Just like you did when you were a baby too." She tried to say in a calm and gentle voice. He leaned back against her and looked at his baby sister. He picked up her little hand in his and held it. "What is Alice's full name?"

"Alice Holly De Caestecker." Iain said looking at his family. "When do you get to go home?" Emma asked.

"Tonight or tomorrow."

"That's good. As anyone came to see you other than us?"

"No not yet but Chloe will be here in a few." She said rocking Alice in her arms. Alice began to cry again. "Iain your turn." Then Emma chimed it with "I got her. I can change her." Elizabeth shrugged and handed her the baby.

A few hours later Chloe got there. She opened the door and stepped in. "Hey guys." She said in a whisper. "Chloe hey." Iain went over to her and hugged her. She went over to Elizabeth and looked down at the pink bundle. "Can I?" She smiled up at her and placed the baby in her arms. "Wow she is so cute." Then Alice opened her eyes to see Chloe. "Liz she has your eye color."

"I know. But she has Iain's hair."

"Who do you love more-"

"I love my children equally." Elizabeth informed her.

"Not what is was going to say. And I know you do. I was going to say who do you love more Oliver and Alice or Iain?" Iain looked at his wife as she began to laugh but then stopped and grunted in pain. She put a hand on her stomach. "I'm okay. Just hurts a lot to laugh. But back to your question. My answer is Oliver and Alice."

"Wow I feel so much love from my wife." Iain's said pouting. "Hey I just gave you a second baby." She smiled up at him playing with the back of his neck. "Fine you win." He kissed her lips and sat back as Chloe handed him his daughter. "Only is Oliver was her it would be a cute family photo."

"He was here earlier but we had Emma take him home."

"If you guys want I can pick him up or stay there to sleep with him."

"If you want too."

"Sure. Just call Emma and tell her i will be over in a few and she can go home."

"Thank you so much Chloe." Iain handed Liz Alice as he got out his phone to call Emma. Chloe left a few minutes after saying good bye. After she left Iain crawled into the bed with her and put an arm around her waist and sat back.

Arriving at the house the next morning Iain did not allow Elizabeth to lift anything but their daughter. "Iain i can get out of the car on my own."

"I know but I'm helping."

"Just grab the car seat." She said putting a hand on his back. "Let's go show our son his sister again." She smiled at him and kissed his cheek. Stepping inside the door Oliver and Chloe were seated on the couch playing with his stuffed monkey. Oliver turned around to see his mum, dad, and baby sister standing by the door. He jumped off the couch and ran over to them. "Mummy!" She rubbed the top of his head as he hugged her leg. Chloe came over to them. "Thank you so much for watching him." Iain said. "I don't mind. It's like having a play mate."

Elizabeth sat down on the couch with Alice in her arms and her monkey blanket in her other hand. Iain and Chloe went into the kitchen to make tea and coffee. Oliver came to sit next to Liz on the couch. "Alice has a monkey blanket too."

"Just like yours but hers is pink." She held her two babies close to her with pure bliss on her face. Iain set a cup of tea down on the coffee table for her. "Love you." She said looking him in the eyes. "Love you too." He leaned down and pressed a kiss to her lips. Iain looked down to see both of his kids asleep in his wife's arms. "Did you and Oliver sleep at all last night, Chloe?"

"After we watched a movie or two. Why is he asleep?"

"Out like a light." Elizabeth said in a whisper. Chloe moved from the kitchen to the back of the couch to see her best friend and her niece and nephew. "I should get going." Chloe lend down to hug Elizabeth and hug Iain on her way out. The door closed with a soft shut as Iain took his seat next to her on the couch. He picked up Oliver and placed him on his lap to give Elizabeth more space to hold Alice and to curl up into his side.   

.....

I am beyond sorry for how long it took me to update. All I can say is I have been stressed out and been having a lot of exams. My apology's.