Chapter 69

September 15, 2017

Elizabeth was doing the last minute thing for Oliver's birthday party. Oliver was following Iain around the house now that he can walk. Elizabeth was in the kitchen calling the cake company checking on the pick up time.

Iain came into the kitchen and picked Oliver up and set him in his highchair. "Mama cake." "I know baby. You will get cake tonight." Elizabeth explained to him. "What time do i have to pick up the cake?" "Chloe will be here around 2 to decorate. The people on the phone said 3." "Okay i will get it then." Iain handed Oliver his sippy cup.

Iain looked at Oliver. "I can't believe he is a year old already." "I know seams just like yesterday we were bring him home for the first time." They both just looked at their blue eyed baby boy. "I swear he looked more like you every day." Elizabeth said. "It's the eyes." "The sea blue eyes. Just like his daddy's." She leaned against Iain.

Chloe go to the house at 2 and helped decorate the marvel themed party. Iain and Chloe began putting up a banner, setting the tables, and just keeping track of Oliver.

Iain got his car keys and made his way to the door. "Bye bye dada." He picked him up and kissed him then kissed his wife. "Ollie go help mummy." Oliver ran to Elizabeth as Iain left.

The party started around 6. Oliver was dressed casual in a blue striped collar shirt and khakis.

People from Mommy and Me class showed up

People from Mommy and Me class showed up. There were a stack of gifts on the table. Iain and Clark were outside cooking. "Mama hold." Oliver said hugging her leg. She picked him up and kissed his cheeks. "Happy birthday baby boy." "Not baby. Big boy." She laughed. "Yes you are a big boy." Iain came over to her. "Food is ready." "Okay." The all went into the backyard and began serving food.

After everyone was finished eating they cleaned up and go the cakes out and ready. Elizabeth took Oliver upstairs and changed him into a diaper cover, a bow tie, and suspenders so he won't get cake all over his good clothes.

Bring him back downstairs to the party

Bring him back downstairs to the party. Everyone was crowding around his highchair. Iain was standing behind the chair. She put Oliver in his chair as he stared at the cake. They got two a tiny one for him and a big one of everyone else. Everyone began singing happy birthday to him. He let out a giggling laugh. "Oliver blow the candles out." Elizabeth said crouching down to his level. All that came out was spit but that's way he hand his own cake. Everyone cheered when the flame went out.

Iain was cutting the big cake for everyone when Oliver just put his little hand in his cake. He got a piece and put it into his mouth. "That's why he is shirtless." Iain said as cake ran down his son's front. "Olive give mummy cake." He looked at his mum and put his little hand that had the cake in it out for her. She smiled at him as the cake made contact. Iain began laughing remembering their wedding night when he shoved cake into his wife's face.

Elizabeth stood up and wiped the cake off her face. "Father like son." She said to Iain. "No DNA test needed. Shoving cake into the woman we love and we just like cake." "You got that right."

After the party was over and presents were opened it was time of Oliver to get a bath. She gave him a bath as Iain was cleaning up downstairs. She finished the bath and dried Oliver off. They were in his room when Oliver refused to let her put cloths on him. He ran down the hall naked. Iain was walking up the stairs to find a naked Oliver. "Honey where is Oliver's cloths?" "He won't let me put them on him." Iain picked him up and brought him to his room. "Oliver can you let us put a diaper on you ?" He went over to where the diapers are and brought one back to his dad. "Thank you." He put his diaper on him and tucked him into his crib.