Chapter 40

Valentine's Day (February 14)

Elizabeth awoke to the smell of something burning. She went down stairs to the kitchen to find Iain in boxers trying to cook something. "Iain what are you doing?" "I was trying to surprise you with breakfast in bed." "Oh. What were you cooking?" "Somethings I found on your Pinterest board." He showed her his phone. "That looks good. Can I help you make it?" "I guess."

She got a clean pan out and turned the stove top on. "Also Happy Valentine's Day." She said kissing him on the lips. "Happy Valentine's Day. I was going to make you pancakes but then I thought I can change it up." "I love you. You know that you don't have to do anything fancy for me." "I love you too but I want too."  He picked her up and set her on the counter top. "Tell me what I have to do." "Okay. First butter the toast. Grill it till it's a golden brown. Next use a heart cookies cutter for the middle. Then crack an egg in the middle of it and let it cook." "Okay." He looked at her and saw a little bit of a bump under her nightgown. She saw him looking at her and said "You can see the bump now." "Can I feel it?" He asked nervously. "Sure." He put his hand on her belly. A smile came to his face. 

Sitting down for breakfast Iain pulled a little box out from under the table. Handing it to her and leaning back against his chair. "Iain you did not have to get me anything." "Don't act like you did not get me something." "Its up stairs." "I know it. Open it up."  She began to take the little bow of the box. She opened the box to find a braclet with little charms. "Do you like it? Each charm is a little detail of you." "Thank you Iain. I love it. I hope you like what i got you." "Can i go get it?" "Upstairs on the dresser." Iain ran upstairs to the room to find the box. He came back down and sat back down at the table. He began to open it to find a keychain that had a map of scotland of it. " Turn it around." She said. It read 'To the only scottish man I love.' "Thank you liz I love it." He kissed her and began to eat again.