Chapter 50

We have made it to the 50th chapter. I could end it here but I will not. Thank you to all who read this story.

September 15, 2016
On a cold September night  she felt her water broke. "Iain wake up!" "What?" "My water just broke." "Your water?" "The baby is coming Iain!" "Oh." Iain ran around the room gets the overnight bag, car keys, and there phones.

Driving to the hospital there was very little traffic. Getting to the front desk "My fiancée is going in labor." "Okay sir calm down. Room 122 floor B." "Thank you."  Although there was plenty of room and seating for several guests in her birthing suite, Elizabeth had asked that only Iain and the medical staff be present for the birth, and the closer she came to birth, the more she knew her decision had been right. It was hard enough to focus on the instructions from Iain and her doctor.

Iain took up his position by her side again and gave her his hand as he went back to stroking her hair trying to calm her. She looked exhausted and yet suddenly seemed a little calm. The calm, however, was only lasted a moment that quickly faded with the coming contractions. Nine centimeters. So close. She wanted to push and shouted that she was going to push that baby out regardless of what anyone said. She was done with the pains and she was done with being pregnant, and she was determined to finish it. But she could not force a body that was not ready.

Iain had nothing new to say to comfort her. He felt as if he'd said it all already and simply put his mind into a playback and began repeating himself.
Ten centimeters. Suddenly the room got very busy with the medical staff and the doctor taking up his position at the end of the birthing bed and giving her orders on when to push and how long to push. She gasped her cries of pain between pushing and pains. "This is all your fault Iain." She said while squeezing his hand. "I'm sorry." "I hate you." The doctor looked at Iain and mouthed 'They say this all the time'.

After several big pushes, the baby fully emerged into the doctor's waiting hands, and he held up the crying infant up for Iain and Elizabeth to see. "You have a health baby boy." The doctor said.

Right then Iain felt that bond of father and son. "Look what we made." "I'm sorry I don't hate you. I love you Iain." "I know you don't. I love you too."

The baby was taken by the medical staff to be cleaned and weighed, He kissed her several times, and she reached up and put her arm around his neck and kept him close as they comforted each other in the joy of the event. The doctor came back with the bundle and put him on Elizabeth's chest. "What are you going to name him?" Elizabeth looked up at Iain and said "Oliver Maestro Caestecker." "I thought we were going to give him your last name till we get married.  That's what your mum wanted." "Nope I changed my mind." Iain kissed Elizabeth quickly. "C-can I hold him?" "He is your son too." Iain picked the small bundle and held him close. "Hi Ollie. I'm your daddy."

Elizabeth was cleaned and resettled into the bed. Elizabeth was holding Ollie now. The nurse came in and asked "Are you going to breastfeed him or formula bottles?" "Definitely breastfeed." "Okay good." "I have a question. What if he doesn't latch on or if-" "You're a new mother right?" "Yes." "We will have the lactation specialist came to help you nurse." "Okay thank you." "Your welcome. Your husband really loves you and Oliver." Liz thought to herself 'Husband. I love the sound of that. My husband.' "Thank you we love him very much too."

The nurse left as Chloe entered. "Hi Liz. How you doing?" "If you mean just gave birth. I'm doing great. Tired but happy." "That's good. Can I hold my nephew?" "Sure. Supporters the head." "I know." "Sorry." "Don't be." Chloe held Oliver in her arms and swayed back and forth. "I can tell you're going to be a mommy's  boy." "Oh totally only a few hours old and already got mummy wrapped around his little finger." "So do you wish he will have a British or Scottish accent?" "He will be around both so he will have a mix accent." "The girls will be falling for that." "Aunt Chloe already talking about girls." "Hey what can I say." Ollie began to cry so Chloe handed him back to Liz. "It's okay. Mummy's here." "Liz where is Iain." "Went to the bathroom 30 minutes ago. Most likely fell asleep." "Should I wake him?" "Sure." "Can I mess with him?" "Only if you record it."

Chloe open the door slowly to find Iain sitting on the floor sleeping. "Iain wake up Liz is having twins!" "What!?" Iain said running out of the bathroom. "Chloe don't mess with me like that." "Sorry I had too." "Did you hold Ollie yet?" "Yes. He looks like Elizabeth a lot." "I know." Iain said looking down at Elizabeth and Oliver.

There was a knock at the door. "Come in." Iain said. "Hello I'm the lactation specialist." The male nurse said. "Wait you're a male?" "Yes is there a problem?" "Iain stop it." Elizabeth said. "Sir I do my job professional. I'm only here for your child's needs to breastfeed." "Iain if it makes you uncomfortable you can wait outside." "No I'm not leaving this room." Iain said back to Elizabeth. "Okay so let's get started. Have you tried to feed him yet?" "No." "Okay unbutton your gown on which side you please." Doing as he said. "Next get your son close to your breast." The nurse put his hand on Elizabeth breast to angle it just right. Chloe put her hand on Iain's shoulder. Whispering to him "Calm down he's not getting turned on by this. Neither is Liz." The nurse continue "There may be some pain for the first few times. Switch off every time you feed him. Use a pump to release pressure. That's all and goodbye before your husband kills me." The nurse got up and left.  "Thank you. Iain can you not try to kill some one that is trying to help our son eat." "I sorry I just got mad that he was touching you." Sucked in a sharp breath as Oliver began eating. "Are you okay?" Iain gave her a scared look. "I'm fine just hurts." "I'm sorry baby." "Liz I will call you later. Clark told me to tell you he will stop by later." "Okay bye Chloe." "Bye Caestecker's and a Henstridge."

The normal nurse came back a few hours later "It's about 7:30 if you want we can take Oliver and bring him to the nursery so you guys can get a full night of sleep." "Iain what do you think?" "I really don't want to leave him." "I can promise he's in good hand." "Okay I guess." "Okay we will bring him up now." Elizabeth kissed the newborn head as she hand him to the nurse.

It was late when Iain and Elizabeth settled down for sleep. "Iain you don't have to sleep on the couch you can come sleep with me." "You sure?" "Yes because by the name of this hospital you are my husband." "I will be in June." He said laying down behind her. "We have a baby Iain." She said whispering. "Our baby." Iain kissed her neck and said "Night." "Good night."