Chapter 47

Elizabeth is 8 months pregnant- August 15

Iain got a call late on night. "Hello?" "Iain it mum." "Hi mum. What's going on?" "I just called to see how you three are doing." "We're all good Liz is sleeping. If you want we can call later when we are all awake." "Night son." "Night mum." Iain hung the phone up and layed back down and snuggled against her back. "Iain not tonight." "What did I do wrong?" "I can't sleep." "Sleep another way." "I can't." "Why not?" "If I sleep on my back it feels like I can't breathe, if I sleep in my left side I read it's not good for the baby, and my stomach is not an option." "Wants some tea or take a bath to relax." "It's 3:50." "So it's not like you're going to work." "But you are." "No I'm not." "Okay I will be in the bath." "Care if I join you?" "Not at all."

Starting the bath till it got warm. Iain sat back first then Elizabeth against him. His hand rest against hers such were on her belly. "I love you." "I love you too Iain." "Feel relaxed yet?" "Yes." "Good. Liz what were your thoughts when you found out you were pregnant?" "I was happy. But also scared. Scared of I would be a good mother and of what your reaction could be." He kissed her shoulder and her neck. "You will be the best." "Thank you." "We should fly out after he is born to see our parents." Iain said. "Same time as last year?" She said. "Why not. It can be like a tradition." "Our tradition." Elizabeth said smiling.

They got out of the bath and dried off and put on sweatpants and a t-shirts. "Iain I'm going to read for a little bit befor i go to bed." "Okay I will join." She sat against the headboard as Iain pulled out a baby book from the night stand. "Baby book?" "Yep just some light reading." "Your so cute." "I know." They sat there and read giving each other the glance at one another ever so slightly.

She eventually fell asleep in his arms

She eventually fell asleep in his arms. He took the book from her and set it on the nightstand along with his. "Liz let's go to bed." "Not the left side." "Face me then." She layed down on his chest. "I didn't tell you this but you will be the best father ever." She whispered to him as she kissed his chest. "Thank you. Good night." "Night Iain." They fell asleep thinking of their future.