Chapter 67

July 4th

Iain and Elizabeth spent the rest of their honeymoon staying in bed. They got home early that morning. Elizabeth was unable to spend anymore time away from Oliver. The first thing she did was hug and kiss Oliver for a good ten minutes. Iain was talking to his mum. "Was he good when we were gone?" "He was wonderful. Those calls really helped him." "That's good. Thank you mum." He hugged her. Elizabeth walked into the room and went next to Iain. "He wants his daddy." Iain picked him up from her arms and kissed his little cheeks. "Dada." Oliver said pulling at Iain's shirt. "That's mummy's job to do." He handed him back to her as she went into his room and began feeding him.

Iain gave him mum a long hug and helped her get her stuff into the cab for her trip back home. He came back inside and found Elizabeth still feeding Oliver. "Hungry little guy." Iain smiled rubbing Oliver's head. "Clark texted me and said he is doing a barbecue tonight. We can go if we want to." "I His first Fourth of July. I fear the fireworks may scare him." "We can go to say hello and stay inside. Or you can go and i will stay home." She said pulling her shirt back into place and burping Oliver. "Are you crazy? I'm staying right beside you." She kissed his cheek.

They made their way to Clark's house. Clark opened the door. "Look who is back from the honeymoon." He pulled them in for a hug. "Come in. Make yourself at home. Oliver has his room upstairs if he needs it." "Thank you." "We will start fireworks at 8." "Okay." Clark left them as he went off to cook.

Iain looked around to see who was here. Iain took Elizabeth's hand and sat down on the couch. She took Oliver out of his car seat. "When did you get him this?" Gesturing to his Fourth of July onesie.

She smile at him

She smile at him. "Your mum bought it for him." "He has a onesie for every event." "What can I say. He likes shopping." "More of his mummy likes to buy them for him." She kissed him.

She rubbed Iain's leg. He looked at her trying to figure out what is wrong or if she just was just thinking. "Is everything okay?" He whispered in her ear. "Everything is okay. Why?" "Well when something is wrong you play with your ring or you rub my arm or leg." "Just thinking that's all." She lend against him more and held Oliver to her chest as he began to fall asleep.

Clark came inside. "Food is ready." He looked over to Iain and Elizabeth and smiled. Iain stood up from the couch. "I'm going to go get food. Want any?" "No I'm not hungry." "Okay. Anything to drink?" "A water will be fine." "Hey you can talk to me if anything is wrong. I'm your husband you can trust me more than ever." "I know." She smiled up at him.

Iain went up to Clark. "We are going to go home." "You sure?" "Yeah Oliver is getting tired." "Okay. Talk to you guys later." "Thanks Clark."

They left to go home. On the drive home Oliver was in the backseat in his car seat. A firework went off with a loud bang. He began crying then he looked out the window and began laughing. "Did you think that was funny baby?" She said to him grabbing Iain's hand.

They got home and sat outside in the backyard and watched the fireworks.

Your most likely thinking way are you writing about The Fourth of July. If you have not realized I add holidays and stuff like that. I call it a time fillers. Most of this stuff leads to a big chapter.