Chapter 6: A Thousand Miles

Wanting the Bad Boy - Chapter 6: A Thousand Miles

Alex's POV

It was finally the weekend. The first couple weeks had been so long. I skipped school on Friday because I was hung over. I spent most of the day at Candace's, then I went into work with her. She didn't bring up anything from the night before. I didn't remember much. The last thing I could remember was making out and telling her what happened earlier that day.

Now that the weekend was here all I had to do was work. Usually my weekend were filled with work anyway. I went home after the one night at Candace's place. She didn't need to worry about me. She had enough on her plate without me.

I left the house early, before either of my parents had woken up. I quickly grabbed my car keys form the table by the door and went to my truck. I didn't bother buckling up and backed out of my driveway.

I went to the coffee shop on the corner and walked inside. It was practically empty. There was just an old couple sitting at a table sipping their coffee as they watched the cars go by outside.

I walked up to the counter and rang the tiny bell. A girl walked up to the cash register and I started to spit out my order without even looking up at her.

"Walker?" she asked cutting me off. "I didn't know you came here."

I looked up at her bright green eyes and the cheery smile on her face.

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't know you worked here. I wouldn't have come if I knew."

She didn't even take the insult, but her smile grew wider and her eyes softened. "I just got a job here. What can I get you?"

"Like I was saying before you rudely interrupted me, I'll take a medium iced coffee," I said.

She smiled and clicked some buttons on her computer. "That'll be $3.96."

I handed her a five dollar bill and she gave me back my change. I started to put it back into my wallet when she said, "What, no tip?"

I dropped a single penny into the tip jar and walked to the other end and waited for my coffee. "Thank you!" she yelled.

I rolled my eyes. She went into the back and started messing with a machine. She was the only one working. She was completely insane, I thought. Why was she always so happy? Whenever I saw her she was always smiling. Except that one day when she seemed shy.

She came back to the counter and handed me my cup. "Why weren't you at school yesterday?" she asked nosily.

"None of your business," I spat back. I took my coffee and left the shop. She was so nosey.

I got into my truck and set my coffee down in the cup holder. I closed the door and started the car. As I was backing out I noticed something odd about my coffee cup. There was a bit of writing on the side. I put the car in park and picked it up. I spun it around so I could see the writing. Hello beautiful, was written on the side. I rolled my eyes, but I couldn't hide the small smile that was creeping onto my face. I put my coffee down and left the parking lot.

When I got to work I was one of the first people there. Fred and some of the other guys were there but I beat Candace. That only happened once a month, at most.