Chapter 20: She's Not Me

Wanting the Bad Boy - Chapter 20: She's Not Me

Alex's POV

I was furious. 

I had brought Colbie home and she told me more. She told me about her parents divorce and how she had just found out that they got divorced when she was two. She was so young. She never got to see them happy together, or at least she didn't remember any of it.

She also told me how her parents would be totally mad when they found out she was kicked out of class and ditched school. She knew they would blame me for it, but she wouldn't let them. She said it wasn't, but I feel like it was a little bit. I was the reason why she was so upset earlier at school.

When I dropped her off she begged me to stay. I didn't have anywhere else to go so I agreed. We sat on her couch and ate popcorn. She forced me to watch Frozen and The Princess and the Frog. They were her favorite disney princess movies. She laid down with her head in my lap and sang along with all of the songs. I looked down at her and smiled. She was very beautiful. She probably didn't hear it enough. I'm not sure why. I knew everyone thought it.

Just as we were finishing the last movie, the front door opened. She looked at me with fear in her eyes. She knew it was her dad. She knew she was in big trouble. "You should have gone," she said to me. I shook my head.

He walked in and closed the door behind him. "Colbie," he said in a stern voice. The school contacts your parents when you aren't in your class. She knew she was dead. "You were only in one of your classes tod-" he stopped. He looked at me and glared. "Get out," he said to me.

"Dad," Colbie said back.

"No Colbie. He is the reason why you are doing this. He is a bad influence. You skip school to spend the day with him. You know you can't have boys over when no one is home." He looked back at me. "You need to leave now."

I stood up and walked to the door. "Alex, I'm sorry," she said. I shook my head and smiled.

"I'm sorry sir. It's not your daughters fault." I stopped myself before I told him more. I knew she wouldn't want me telling him about what she found out today. That was her business with them and not my place to share. "She's an amazing girl and you should be very proud of her."

I opened the door and left, closing it behind me. I could hear a faint sound of him yelling at her. I would have gone back in there to defend her, but I heard her yelling right back. I knew she could handle herself. I would talk to her later.

For the moment, I had other business to deal with. Business relating to the bitch around the corner. I drove down the road, pretty fast I might add. I parked in her driveway and got out, making my way towards the door. I knocked three times. Then she came to answer.

She opened the door with a smile. "Back for more?" she asked.

I shook my head. "No Candace, I'm not back and I never will be after this. I can't believe you came to school and talked to Colbie." She backed up and let me in. "You told her that I was still seeing you? I haven't been here since I found out you were still slutting around with random guys." I was pacing now. I was in the living room, then in the kitchen. "You yelled at her. You told her to stay away from me. We are not together and you can't keep me from being with her."

"Being with her? Oh what, now you're ready for some sort of commitment? A relationship?" She knew me too well. I had never been ready for commitment.

"Yes," I said. Colbie was different.

"Alex, you need to remember that she's not me," she said walking a circle around me. I followed her with my eyes, but didn't move my body. "She won't love you like I do. You know she'll do whatever she can to satisfy you, but she'll never be the same." She sat down on the couch. "But she's new and she's beautiful. You think it's perfect now, but you'll realize that she's not me." 

She stood back up and went to the refrigerator. She took a beer out and opened it. "Does she know about the bracelets?" I couldn't look at her. It wasn't about this. "Does she know about the bracelet that matches your sisters? The one around your ankle. Does she know?" she said sternly.

I shook my head. "Exactly. She doesn't know you." She put the beer down and came close to me. "I'm sorry about what I've done, but would it make any difference if I got you alone?" she asked as she walked her fingers up my chest. I looked away. "If I called would you listen?" she whispered in my ear. "Or would you hang up the phone?"

She backed away. "Never mind, it's none of my business. You'll realize soon enough though. She's not me and she'll never be."

I shook my head at her. I stepped closer and looked down at her. "You're right she isn't you. That's a good thing. It'd be a shame if she was anything like you. You were a really good friend to me Candace, but I realized you were just keeping me to yourself and not sharing." She looked up at me. Something in her changed. Her eyes got dark. "Stay away from me. Don't ever talk to Colbie again. She is in my life and she's not going anywhere. You on the other hand, I don't care where you go, just stay away from us."

I turned around and walked toward the door. It hurt to say all of that to her, but she was hurting me and keeping me from living. I couldn't believe she brought my sister into this. She knew a lot and I made it clear that I never wanted her to bring any of that into any of the arguments that we had. That was when I knew that this was absolutely over. There was never going to be a friendship between her and I again. I was done with her. Surprisingly I felt a weight being lifted off of my shoulders. It was nice.

The song of this chapter is She's Not Me by Zara Larson. This was a fun chapter to write and I'm sure it will be a favorite of yours, considering no one likes Candace. The picture posted is of Candace. It was made with avatarmaker.com.