Chapter 30: Potential Break Up Song

Wanting the Bad Boy - Chapter 30: Potential Break Up Song

Colbie's POV

It was seven AM and it was time to leave for Florida. I was so excited. I was going on vacation with Alex. It was going to be so much fun. I hope the stuff I told him the night before doesn't effect his mood about this trip. I wanted him to have some fun away from his parents and the people at school and stuff. It wasn't going to be entirely about finding his sister. Only a little bit.

My sister had come home and she was going on the trip with us. It was supposed to be a surprise for me. I'm not sure why since I didn't care if she was here or still at college. Once we got all of our stuff piled into the back of the car, I texted Alex and told him we were on our way.

When we got to his house I walked up to his door and as I was about to knock he opened it. I was startled and took a step back. He smiled at me. "Were you about to knock?" he asked me with a smirk.

"Yes," I said hitting his arm. "Why shouldn't I?"

"My parents would answer and know I was leaving," he said plainly as he walked toward the car with his large duffel bag.

I stopped in my tracks and looked at him confused. "They don't know you're leaving?" I asked.

"Nope." He opened the trunk and stuff his bag in with the rest. "I left a note on the counter saying I was going to Florida for a week and that I would call if I needed to." He came toward me and opened the car door for me. "They don't care anyway. I've done this before with Dylan."

I got in the car and slid all the way over so he could get in. "Speaking of Dylan, he and Casella are meeting us in Florida after a few days."

Alex's jaw dropped and a smile formed. "What?"

I nodded. "Yeah, after you left the hospital during your little melt down," I said with a smile and he shook his head, "I asked them if they wanted to join us and they said they could meet us there in a few days."

"That's so awesome," he said smiling at me, then looking toward the front of the car. "And Mrs. Miller, thank you for letting me come along as well."

She smiled in the rear view mirror at him. "At least you wanted to come, unlike the last one," she said looking at me and my poor choice in a boyfriend. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window. She just loved to rub him in my face.

Alex elbowed me lightly motioning to my sister in the front. "Is that your sister?" he whispered. I nodded.

He leaned forward a little bit. "I'm Alex, by the way," he said to Ava.

She gave him a side smile, not even looking at him. My mom hit her arm and made the be nice eyes. Ava spun around and made the most fake smile I had ever seen. "Hi, I'm Ava."

He smiled at her and she slumped back into her seat. Alex sat back next to me and gave a sad face. I leaned my head against his shoulder and said, "Can we leave his driveway now?" My mom pulled out of the driveway and we began our long journey to the airport.

Once there the flight was about two hours. We made it through security, which was the longest part. No one brought anything they weren't supposed to. We finally got on the plane after sitting in the chairs outside of our boarding doors for an hour. We got on the plane and took our seats. My mom and sister sat together and Alex and I sat together. Alex gave me the window seat. There was another man in our row. He didn't say anything to us, just smiled.

The flight wasn't too bad. I was too excited to sleep and Alex didn't want to leave me awake alone. We just talked to whole time. We listened to music and talked about everything. It was the most we had ever just talked. I liked it though.