Chapter 25: They Just Don't Know You

Wanting the Bad Boy - Chapter 25: They Just Don't Know You

Colbie's POV

After school Alex came over. He brought me home and I insisted that he stay for a while. I told him my dad wasn't going to be home for a while. He brought up the last time he was home alone with me and I got in big trouble. I told him I didn't care though. I wanted to spend more time with him. It would be fine. Plus, there were some things that were bothering me and I wanted to talk to him about it. He deserved to know.

We went up to my room. Even though no one was home, I felt more comfortable there. He sat next to me on my bed. He could tell I was tense. He kept looking at me. Every time he did, my shoulders would rise and I would look in the opposite direction.

"Okay, Colbie. What's going on? What's bothering you?" he asked.

He placed his hand on the top of mine, but I pulled mine away. He had a hurt look on his face and I reached back for his hand. "Alex, I wanted to talk to you about something." He looked at me, asking me to continue. "During school, some girls were talking and I overheard. It was after we were at the lockers in the morning. You had put your hand on my back and I was leaning against you. I guess some people saw and when I got to homeroom, these girls were talking. They thought I was listening to music, because I had my headphones in, but I just do that so people won't talk to me." He laughed at that.

"Talk is cheap. What were they saying?" he leaned back on his elbows, still managing to hold my hand.

I took a deep breath. "They were saying that you were just going to hurt me. They said that I was wasting my time and that you would move on quickly." He sat up and looked at me with disbelief in his eyes. Not disbelief that they would say that, but disbelief that I would believe it. Oh no! "No, Alex, I don't believe them. I know you won't hurt me. I know you like me," I paused. Now I sounded like I was too cocky about what we had. "I mean, you like me, right?"

He laughed lightly. "Of course I do. Do you think I would be here if I didn't?"

"No," I laughed. "I know you like me and I like you too. It just got me thinking, what are we?" I looked at him with hopeful eyes.

He gave a low chuckle and looked down at his hands. "The dreaded question," he mumbled. He looked back at me. "Well, you know I'm not good at this relationship stuff, and I have issues with trusting and opening up and all that. I want to date you though. I want to give it a try. It's hard to admit because I'm such a good looking guy and everything," he said laughing. I laughed too, "but, I've never been in a real relationship before."

I smiled at him. "I want to do this," I said leaning closer to him. I want to kiss you as well, I thought letting my eyes drift down to his pink lips.

"I want to kiss you too," he said with a smirk.

My eyes got wide. I palmed my face and laid back on my bed. He laughed at me and laid next to me, but leaned on top of me so his face was above mine. "Colbie, will you be my girlfriend?" he asked looking me dead in the eyes.

I was so excited that I went to sit up and smacked my forehead right against his. He sat up and held his head. "Okay, now I have a concussion," he said.

"Oh no," I brought my hands to my mouth. What did I just do? "Are you okay?" He laughed at me and nodded. "Do you still want to date me? I probably just damaged 50% of your brain cells." I let my head hang low and pouted.

He laughed at me and lifted my chin. He leaned close so our noses were practically touching. "I didn't need them anyway." He chuckled then pressed his lips against mine.