Chapter 9: Complicated

Wanting the Bad Boy - Chapter 9: Complicated

Alex's POV

I had spent a lot of time with Colbie. I brought her home everyday after school, on my way to work, since we went to the game together. I was starting to enjoy her company. I was getting too attached. I was too far into this. I didn't want anything from her. I didn't ask her to come into my life.

I had gone through my classes avoiding her. I needed to show her that I didn't want anything to do with her. I needed to completely blow her off, to turn her down. When I got to trigonometry I walked right past her and took my seat. I saw her look up at me, but I didn't show that I knew.

The class was long. I could feel her look over at me every five minutes. She was so needy. Weren't all girls though?

The minute the bell rang, I got out of the class as soon as I could. I stopped at my locker and quickly put my books away. I wanted to get out of there before Colbie spotted me. It was crazy. I never thought I'd be hiding from a girl like this. A girl who was fun. I never thought I'd be purposefully pushing an innocent girl away from me. Heck I never thought an innocent girl would want me.

I stopped in the cafeteria and got something to eat from the vending machine quickly. I was going straight to work and I was working late tonight, so my dinner would be a granola bar until I got home where food was free.

"Hey, what the hell?" someone yelled behind. I turned around and saw Colbie standing tall glaring right at me. "Why are you avoiding and ignoring me?" she asked angrily.

I rolled my eyes and walked past her. "I have to go," I said not wanting to talk to her at all.

"Why are you doing this?" she said a little louder than she had already been yelling. "What is your problem? Why are you pushing me away? Did I do something?"

 I should have kept walking, but my legs wouldn't move. I stopped in my tracks and turned around to face her. People were staring and giving us weird looks. I took her arm in my hand and pulled her towards the door. We walked around to the back of the school where no one would be.

"Let go of me," she said ripping her arm from my grasp.

"Will you calm down? What the hell? What are you yelling for?" I said looking around to see if anyone was around to hear her.

"Why are you acting so weird?" she asked crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"Look," I said calmly, "I don't think we should hang out anymore." She gave me a confused look and looked hurt. "It's nothing personal, I just-"

"You just don't want to hurt your reputation here. You're the bad boy. You're supposed to be tough and mysterious and you can't do that if some girl is getting in your head and is around you all the time," she said cutting me off. "I can see right through you. I know this is all some act you put up for everyone. I can tell." There she goes again, thinking she knows me. "You become a completely different person when you're around other people. When you're around your friends and the rest of the people at school. You're always angry and secluded."

She was right. It was fake. I was trying to get away from her because she was getting inside my head. She could see. It must not have been hard for others to see either. "When we are together, I your car, going home, you seem happy. You talk to me. You laugh. You smile. When we are around other people you don't even want to be seen with me."

I didn't know what to say or how to feel. I was blown away. I couldn't believe she actually said that stuff to me. "You don't even realize that I like you the way you are. I like how you act around me. You just make things so complicated all the time."

"I-I'm... uh... I." I didn't know what to say.

She looked up into my eyes and she seemed sad and scared. "Please just promise me that I'll never find you faking again," she said.

She looked straight towards my chest. She looked like she wanted to hug me. It was already bad enough that she had figured all of this out. No way we were going to hug on top of it. "You may be right, but promises are meant to be broken, and I try to break as few as I can, so I can't promise that," I said.

I walked back to the front of the school and across the parking lot to my car. I was complicated, but she was making this all complicated even showing up in my life. I was perfectly fine with Candace and my friends. I didn't need her here. I didn't ask for her. I didn't want her.

Sorry everyone. I know this chapter is super short. I thought it would be much longer, but this is all I came up with. Please let me know what you think. The song of the chapter is Complicated by Avril Lavigne. Can you find any of the lines? The photo posted with this chapter is a banner of Colbie's character, played by Lindsey Morgan. Thanks for reading. I'll try to update soon. The next chapter is fun and big. Love you guys!<3