Chapter 31: She's Kinda Hot

Wanting the Bad Boy - Chapter 31: She's Kinda Hot

Alex's POV

When I woke up, I rolled onto my side and my nose was clouded by the smell  of lilacs. I opened my eyes and found myself in a face full of gorgeous brown hair. I smiled immediately and wrapped my arms Colbie who was still asleep beside me. Surprisingly her mom let us stay in the same room. I'm sure it was because Colbie was so upset the day before.

I nuzzled my face in the crook of her neck and began to kiss her neck. She moved in my arms and turned so she was facing me. I smiled at her and she smiled back. "What are you doing?" she asked.

"What, I can't kiss my beautiful girlfriend?" I asked. She closed her eyes and rested her head on my chest. I kept her wrapped tight in my arms.

After she had fallen asleep last night, I stayed up a bit longer. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about my sister. I wanted to shut out any possibility of her being alive, but a part of me wanted to believe it too. A part of me was saying that she was alive. I had a strong feeling that she was alive. I didn't want to fall back into a pit of false hope, but I wanted to think logically about it and find out more.

"Colbie?" I said. She nodded her head against me. "I want to find out more about this mysterious Jessica Garren or whoever she is." Colbie looked at me surprised. "I think we should go into her town and just look around. Maybe we'll see her or her dad or where she goes to school or find out something. And if not, then we can just have fun. It sounds like a small town and its by the beach."

Colbie smiled and kissed my cheek. "I think that's a great idea. I'm gonna shower and get ready then we can leave." She got out of bed and went to her suitcase next to the dresser. She bent down and sat on the ground while she picked out her clothes. "Dylan and Casella will be here later tonight. You should ask him when they are supposed to get here. We could all go out to dinner or something."

She stood up in her short shorts and tank top. She looked kinda.. hot. I didn't usually think of Colbie as hot. It was more gorgeous. But this was different. She looked hot.

"What are you staring at?" she asked covering her chest with her arms. "Something you like?"

I smiled and scratched the back of my neck. "You want me to join you in the shower?" I asked jokingly.

Colbie dropped her jaw mock surprised. She picked up a rouge pillow from the ground and threw it at me. She turned around and went toward the bathroom. I threw the pillow back at her and hit the door behind her as she shut it.

She opened it up quickly and poked her head out giving me a death glare. "Watch yourself," she said winking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the Miller's were ready to go, we all piled in the car and went to breakfast. It was better between Colbie and her mother. Neither of them were mad now. We all talked while we ate our pancakes and eggs. We stopped at a diner right outside of Cedar Key, the town Jessica Garren lives in.

The diner was nice. Nice people worked there. It was small. Not a lot of customers, but a few that seemed like regulars. You could tell by the way the waitresses called them sugar or hun.

Colbie ordered off the kids menu and got the chocolate chip pancakes that looked like Mickey Mouse's head. She ate them like an animal though. They were gone in a matter or seconds. She was cute while she did it though.

After breakfast, we drove into Cedar Key. When google said it was a small town, they weren't kidding. There were kids that looked to be about 5 riding bikes up and down the road without parents anywhere to be seen. There was a group of teenagers getting ice cream and there wasn't a cell phone in sight. It was refreshing.