Chapter 33: Like Woah

Wanting the Bad Boy - Chapter 33: Like Woah

Alex's POV

The silence of the car ride home from the airport was deafening. It was the most awkward situation I had ever been in. Colbie and her mom got into another fight. It had been like that all vacation long. I know she was trying not to fight and keep everything calm and enjoy her time but it was hard. I would have lost it long before she did. Her mom kept making comments about me and her ex and even her. As completely innocent third party, I thought she was being a bit rude.

Colbie was still so mad from the night at dinner. Her mom had also called her early the next morning asking where she was so she was mad about that as well. There was just too much tension between the two of them to have a fun car ride. I tried to talk to Colbie, but she didn't seem like she was in the talking mood. I held her hand and she leaned against my shoulder.

On the plane ride we sat next to each other again. We didn't talk as much this time though. Something just seemed so different. She seemed like she was in deep thought the whole day. Like there was something bothering her, but she never said anything. I asked her if everything was okay, several times and she just smiled and nodded. I didn't want to push her to tell me but it was worrying me. She wasn't being herself.

When her mom pulled into my driveway I got out and thanked her as I got my things from the trunk. It was really a pleasure, having her invite me on the trip. "Thank you so much Mrs. Miller. I had a great time." She smiled and nodded.

Colbie got out of the car and I was going to say my goodbyes to her but she started to talk to her mom. "Mom, I'm gonna stay here with Alex for a little while," she said.

She turned around, looking at me and asking permission with her eyes. I nodded and smiled. I knew she just needed to get out of that car. Her mom nodded and backed out of the driveway.

My truck was the only vehicle in the driveway. My parents were out. What's new though, right? I unlocked the door with the spare key we left under the mat. I swung the door open and pulled my bags through.

Colbie shut the door behind us and helped me carry everything up stairs. I plopped my duffel bag on the ground by the dresser and fell on my bed. I laid flat on my back and looked at the ceiling. I was sore from sitting all morning. It was two pm now and our plane left at nine this morning.

Colbie came next to me and sat there. She was doing that thing again where she looked worried. I sat up and looked her in the eyes. "Colbie, what is going on?" I asked.

She looked at me and shook her head. "Nothing." She couldn't even say it without breaking eye contact.

I held her face with both my hands and made her look at me. "Colbie," I sternly. She looked a little scared. I released my hands a bit and gave her a soft look. "What's wrong?"

She cracked her knuckles in her lap. She took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "I've been thinking. We've been dating for a while and everything's been good and you are amazing."

"Colbie," I said. She was starting to scare me. "Get to the point."

She took another deep breath and closed her eyes. "I want to have sex," she blurted out quickly.

My eyes got wide and I dropped my hands to my sides. "You, what?" I asked not believing that she actually said it.

"I want to," she looked at me and paused, "you know, do it." I smiled at the way she said it. I was still in disbelief but it was good disbelief.

"Are you sure?" I asked her. "Because we don't have to. We can wait until you are ready. I really don't mind waiting. I mean this would be your first time and I want you to be completely sure and I don't want you to regret any part of it." I was starting to talk faster and my chest was starting to rise.