Chapter 23: Use Somebody

Wanting the Bad Boy - Chapter 23: Use Somebody

Alex's POV

I sat in the car outside of Colbie's house. I turned the car off and waited on the street for her to come out. She was sneaking out. Her parents wouldn't let her out any other way. She said her dad had already gone to sleep and she claimed that her stepmom wasn't smart enough to figure it out.

I actually had the radio on while I waited. I was warming up to it. Use Somebody by Kings Of Leon was on. It perfectly described my feelings at the moment. I was in desperate need of someone at the moment.

Just then, that someone came running across her lawn and towards my truck. I smiled at her and unlocked the doors. She got in and quietly closed her door. I started the truck up and we quietly rolled down the road until we were far enough away for me to actually hit the gas without worrying about making too much noise.

"Alex!" Colbie yelled. I slammed on the brakes and turned towards her. She was glaring at me and gripped the door, while she took a deep breath in.

"What?" I asked looking around. She was acting like I hit someone, and I was pretty sure I hadn't.

"Put your seat belt on," she said putting the truck in park.

I rolled my eyes at her. She was unbelievable. I buckled up and then put the truck back into drive. "Are we good now?" I asked.

She smiled and nodded, while she turned the music up and started bobbing her head.

We pulled into my driveway and walked to my front door. I turned to face Colbie behind me. "So you should be warned. My dad can be pretty obnoxious, but my mom is going to smother you. She loved it when you came by the last time. She was barely holding it together."

Colbie laughed shyly and smiled at me. "I'm sure you're making her sound worse than she actually is."

I rolled my eyes. She had no idea.

We walked through the door and my mom sat on the couch reading a book. She looked up as I walked in and her eyes got wide as she saw Colbie come through the door after me.

My mom practically jumped off the couch and was over to us within seconds. "Colbie," she said happily, pulling her into a hug. "It's great to see you again."

"Uh," Colbie said squished by my mom. "It's nice to see you too."

I cleared my throat and put my hands on my moms shoulders to pull her back. "Mom, that's enough," I said rolling my eyes.

She backed away and crossed her arms over her chest and looked up at me. I was a solid foot taller than her. "I was just saying hi," she said walking to the other room.

I took my jacket off and motioned toward the stairs, placing my hand on Colbie's lower back to guide her. We got to the top of the stairs and my dad was coming out of his room. He looked at me disgusted, then at Colbie even more disgusted. He didn't even know her.

I stood between him and Colbie and glared at him. "Just keep it down, will take?" He said continuing toward the stair. "I don't want to hear you and another one of your sluts getting busy in the room next door," he yelled already downstairs.

I rolled my eyes and scratched the back of my neck. Colbie looked up at me with sadness in her eyes. I looked away not sure if she was sad because of what he said or how he acted.

I opened my bedroom door and walked in. I sat on my bed and gestured for Colbie to sit with me. I didn't know what to do. I had never had a girl over to just talk with. I never had someone like Colbie to just talk to. Everything was so new with her. I had no idea how to do this.