Chapter 26: This Is Our House

Wanting the Bad Boy - Chapter 26: This Is Our House

Alex's POV

Colbie had told me that her mom was a big New England Patriots fan, so I bought three tickets to their training camp that they have before the season starts, so we could all go. I was really trying to not be this mysterious stranger in her life. Unfortunately her mom couldn't get off of work the night that we were going to, it was just going to be Colbie and I. I did get somewhere with her mom though. She appreciated that I asked. I really wanted her parents to like me an accept me so she could be happy. She said that she hated lying and sneaking around so there wasn't going to be anymore of that.

I pulled into the coffee shop parking lot. I was picking Colbie up after work. She was already waiting outside when I got there. I pulled up right next to her by the curb and rolled down the passenger side window. "Am I late?" I asked as she got in.

"No, I just couldn't take it in there any longer." She tossed her bag in the back and put her jacket on. "Customers were complaining left and right. It was getting annoying so I just left." She smiled at me and buckled up.

I tugged on the seatbelt that wrapped around my body and was already fastened into place. Colbie's jaw dropped and she started to smile. "I don't believe it. The infamous Alex Walker finally learned how to use his seat belt."

I laughed at her and pulled out into the road. "I always knew how,  I just chose not to." She pulled her legs up to the dashboard and got comfortable. She had been in my car so many times it was practically hers as well.

She turned on the radio and tapped her fingers against her legs. "So you've been to this thing before?" I asked her.

I could see her nod out of the corner of my eyes. "Yeah, I've been twice before. My mom loves the patriots so she insisted that we keep going. If you hadn't offered I wouldn't have been going this year."

"Well since you've been so many times it probably won't be very interesting, huh?" I chuckled.

She shook her head vigorously. "No, no, no. That's not what I meant."

I rolled my eyes at her. "Hey, calm down. I was just joking." She blushed and smiled shyly. "I'll make it fun for you," I said with a wink.

We pulled into the parking lot and there was a crowd of people already lined up to get in. I put the tickets in my wallet and got out of my truck. Colbie had her two footballs that she brought each year. When the team was done practicing, they came around and signed things. She had two sharpies with her too.

We walked toward the entrance and fell in line with the other people. I could tell that she was excited. She didn't show it much but I could see it in her eyes. I liked that I could finally read her.

As we neared the front of the line I took the tickets out of my wallet. I handed them to the man that was scanning them and he smiles at us. Or was he smiling at Colbie. I didn't like that he smiled because I didn't know who it was to. If it was to the two of us then he could tell she was mine. But if it was to her then he might have thought that she was my sister or something.

I put my arm around her waist and pulled her close as we walked toward the grass behind one of the end zones. Colbie said the good players came over this way first. There were less people here anyway.

Colbie and I took a seat on the grass right in the front. We watched as the players ran around the field. Some of them were tackled here and there. Other times they just worked on passing the ball and plays. I liked it better when they were tackled though. Made it more interesting.