Chapter 13: A Little Too Much

Wanting the Bad Boy - Chapter 13: A Little Too Much

Alex's POV

I hopped in my truck after school and drove to Colbie's house. She hadn't been there all day. I was going to ask Casella or Dylan where they thought she might have gone, but they both left early. I texted Dylan after the bell rang and asked where he went. All he said was go to Colbie's house.

I drove down the road in silence. What the hell? is all I could think. Why would I, of all people, need to go to Colbie's house. I looked down at the speedometer and it read 40. I was in a 25mph zone. I slowed down. I hadn't even realized that I was speeding.

I pulled into her driveway and parked my car. Casella's car was in the driveway, but no one else's. What was going on? I walked up to the door and knocked. I heard footsteps, then Dylan opened the door. I walked in with a confused face.

"Dylan, why are you here? Where's Colbie?" I asked.

He shut the door behind me and motioned me to follow him up the stairs. I quickly took off my shoes. This house was really nice and clean. We walked up the freshly polished stairs. My socks started to slide on the hardwood floor as we made it to the second floor.

Dylan stopped at a white door and knocked quietly. "Come in," said a voice sounding like Casella's. Dylan opened the door to a big white walled room. It was neat. Everything was in its place. There was nothing lying on the floor besides three backpacks. As we walked in the room, my eyes went around the room, taking everything in.

There was a desk, with a few neat papers stacked on top. A dresser with jewelry boxes on top. A small table with a TV on it. A nightstand. Then a bed with a small, red eyed, runny nosed Colbie. I choked on my breath as I looked over at her. She looked me in the eyes with her bright green ones, then rolled over on her side and faced the wall.

Casella sat next to her rubbing her back. Casella looked at me with a sad face. She pointed her head towards Colbie and then stood up. She took Dylan's hand in hers and started to walk towards the door.

"Dylan," I said. What was I supposed to do? I widened my eyes at him and he shrugged.

Casella pulled at his arm and they continued out of the room.

I looked back at Colbie and slowly took a step towards her. Little by little, I moved closer and closer, until I was standing right beside her.

I cleared my throat and rubbed the back of my neck. "Colbie?"

"Why are you here?" she asked, muffled through the enormous pillows on her bed.

"Well, that's a good question. I don't really know what's going on," I replied. I took a seat next to her on the bed, being careful not to sit on her.

She rolled over and faced me. "Why are you here?" she asked again.

I sighed. "You weren't at school. I figured you were probably just sick or something. Then towards the end of the day, I heard Casella and Dylan left early too, so figured something was up. I texted Dylan and he told me to come here."

"So this wasn't your choice," she said disappointed.

"I didn't know something was wrong. What happened?" I asked looking down at her.

She lifted her head up to look at me then let it fall back onto the pillow. She took in a deep breath, then let it out. "It's just, everything. Nothing feels right anymore. Nothing its good. Everything makes me sad. It's like nothing good can happen to me."

I tilted my head at her. "Hey, you met me. That's the best thing that's ever happened to you," I said jokingly.

She didn't laugh though. "Really? Because it doesn't feel like it right now. I know you were with some other girl at a party the other night." She stopped. Was that what this was about? "I shouldn't care, but I do. Alex, I care that you were with some other girl. I know I have no right, but it hurt."