Chapter 1: Wild Things

Wanting the Bad Boy - Chapter 1: Wild Things

2 Months Later

Alex's POV

I walked into the small coffee shop that was on the corner. The smell of freshly ground coffee beans flooded through my nostrils. I walked down the small aisle in between the groups of chairs and tables. I saw familiar faces from some people that go to my school and some that I've seen around town. I didn't wave or smile though. They weren't my friends.

I walked to the empty line and stood before the young girl at the cash register. She was most likely sixteen. I had never seen her here before.

"Hi, how may I he-" she stopped short when her eyes locked on mine. "Walker?" she said surprised. "What can I g-get you?" She became timid and quiet as she spoke.

"A medium iced coffee," I said taking my wallet out of my back pocket.

She pressed some buttons on the computer in front of her. Her eyes came up to mine a few times in between, but she quickly looked away.

She brushed a fallen strand of her brown hair behind her ear and she looked up at me. "Three dollars and 96 cents."

I handed her the money and she quickly took it, making sure our hands didn't touch. She gave me back my four cents and I quickly dropped them into the tip jar. Her eyes darted to mine in surprise, but she quickly looked away when I shot her a glare. She was lucky I didn't take the four pennies back out.

I walked to an empty table by the door and sat down. I took my phone out of my pocket and read a text that I had just received.

It was from my co-worker. She was asking where I was. I was supposed to be at work an hour ago, but I woke up with a huge headache and I felt like shit. I was at a huge party last night and it got a little crazy. All I could remember was going into a room with a really hot girl and then I'm sure I blacked out. I had definitely had one too many drinks. I managed to make it home somehow though. My buddy Dylan must have brought me home, and dragged my ass to bed because I woke up safely in my room.

The girl had finished making my coffee and walked to over to the far counter. She's going to make me walk? I thought.

I made my way to the counter and the girl was already gone. I picked up a straw and took the wrapper off.

As I was putting the straw into my drink, I was hit by someone and I stumbled back towards the wall. Luckily I hadn't spilt my coffee because then someone would have gotten hit.

A smaller guy stood in front of me with fear in his yes. He looked towards the group he came from worridly. Everyone went silent and stared at me. They were all surrounding a girl with her back towards me.

As she was about to turn around and looked back at the guy who had pushed me and glared at him. I quickly shoved past him and went out of the door, with the small bell ringing behind me. I got into my truck and slammed the squeaky door. The old thing was about to fall apart, but I still loved her. She was a present from my old man when he actually cared about me. He drove her for a while because I was too young at the time. He promised me I could have her, though. When the time came. I made sure she was mine. When she was finally mine, Dylan helped me name her. We came up with Black Betty.

I pulled into the dusty dirt driveway that lead me to the back of the garage that I worked at. I grabbed my keys and coffee and walked through the back door.

I was greeted by the guys who were working on some of the cars. I walked to the front desk by the waiting area and found a tall blonde with her back turned toward me. She was wearing the company shirt. It read Fred's Auto Shop. She started shaking her butt in her short shorts to the music blasting from her headphones.