Chapter 27: Like I'm Gonna Lose You

Wanting the Bad Boy - Chapter 27: Like I'm Gonna Lose You

Alex's POV

"Alex, help," she faintly whispered. I was in an empty room. There was not furniture. No door. There was only the painted white walls. There were bright white lights on the ceiling. "Alex, help," it came again.

I spun around looking for who the voice belonged to even though I already knew. The voice echoed through my head. "Alex, help me."

I back up and looked over my shoulders. I was now spinning in circles looking for the owner of the voice. "Alex," she said. I looked to my left, then whispered in my right ear I heard, "hurry."

I looked to the right and there was a black door. In front of that door stood a girl with her back facing me. She had brown hair that cascaded down her back.  She wore a black shirt that was tucked into her floral blue and purple skirt. Her beautifully tanned legs went on for miles.

"Colbie," I said reaching my hand out to touch her but I was too far.

The girl turned slowly and as she started to face me I knew it wasn't her. She looked the same. Almost the same. The only difference was those emerald orbs were replaced with dark hazel ones. I knew these eyes so well.

"Jess?" I said but covered my mouth after. Her eyes were where Colbie's should have been. I reached out again but couldn't.

"Alex help me," she whispered. When Colbie's mouth moved, Jessica's voice came out.

I took a deep breath. This was freaky. As much as I wanted to stare and never look away, I couldn't. It was all too weird to me.

I turned away and started running. I kept running. The room was extending into a never ending white walled hall. As one side extended out, another hall intersected. I looked down the new hall and saw the same white walls and blinding white lights.

As I looked closer I noticed a small square at the end of the hall. It was hard to tell what it was, but it was different. I ran toward it.

The square got bigger and bigger as I approached it. Soon it was right in front of me.

I came to a stop, my sneakers skidding against the cold floor. It was a window. I turned around and the hall was gone. I was back in a room.

I looked toward the window and held my breath. I sprinted at the window and brought my arms up in front of my face as I broke through.

I didn't feel anything. I opened my eyes and found myself in a sea of black. There was nothing around me. It was like I was floating. I was spinning in circles.

I didn't know which way was up or which way was down. Then I heard it again. It was quiet, barely audible, but I heard it. "Alex, help."

I brought my hands up to my ears. No! This was not happening. "Alex, help me." It was in my head now. "Alex, don't leave me," she yelled. "Alex!!!"

***********************

Bzzzzz. Bzzzzz. Bzzzzz.

My eyes shot open. I woke up in tears. Where am I? was my first thought. I was in a cold sweat. Goosebumps covered my arms. The blankets were strewn on the floor. I must have kicked them away.