Chapter 11: Sorry

Wanting the Bad Boy - Chapter 11: Sorry

Alex's POV

I walked up to her doorstep and hugged my jacket to my body. It had started getting colder out. I raised my hand and knocked on the door with my knuckles. I heard footsteps on the other side of the door then it opened. I saw Candace's blonde hair and I smiled at her. She rolled her eyes and shut the door in my face and locked the dead bolt.

What the hell? I looked around to see if there were hidden cameras somewhere. What was going on? It was 9 AM, ie too early for this shit. I was completely confused. "Alright Candace, you got me. I'm confused," I said banging on the door again.

"Why don't you go hang out with Colbie, since you like her so much," she yelled through the door.

I scoffed. "Are you seriously jealous?" She didn't say anything. "There's nothing to worry about, Candace. She's nothing like you. She doesn't get me like you do. She not fun like you."

Nothing I said was a lie. They weren't alike in anyway. Colbie was quiet and shy and reserved and Candace was loud, outgoing, and open with how she felt about everything. Colbie understands me in a way that was indescribable. She knew exactly what I was like and exactly how I acted before she even knew me. Candace understands what I want though. She understands that without having to put words to it. Last night with Colbie was fun, but it wasn't the same kind of fun I have with Candace. With Colbie it's innocent fun. With Candace, it's dangerous fun. They can't be compared with each other. They're too different.

"I'm sorry," I said.

Candace slowly opened the door. She had been standing on the other side the whole time. She looked at me unamused. "Sorry for what?" she asked making me say it.

"Candace, you know I'm not good at this stuff," I said

"I'm not asking you to be good," she said looking at me. "I'm just asking you to try."

I took a deep breath. "I know I've made mistakes like this in the past." She rolled her eyes. "And I take every piece of the blame. I know it's all been my fault." Even though it wasn't really a problem in my eyes. "I'm sorry that I have been spending a vast amount of time with Colbie, and I know it may seem like I have forgotten all about you, but I haven't." I grabbed her hand and pulled her through the door and closer to me. I wrapped my arm around her waist and kissed her cheek. "I'm so sorry, Candace."

She pushed my chest and I let go of her. "You aren't going to be forgiven that easily," she said with wink.

"What's it going to take?" I asked. "I'll do anything."

"Anything?" She raised her eyebrow at me.

I gave her a timid look and slowly nodded. "What's it going to take?" I asked again.

"All of your pride," is all she said and turned around and went in the house, leaving the door open for me this time.

I walked in and took my jacket off. I left my shoes by the door and walked over to her on the couch. I got down on my knees in front of her and put my hands into a praying motion. "Candace Parks, I love you with all of my heart and you could never be replaced. I am so sorry. Is there any way I can fix this?" I asked taking her hands in mine. I kissed both of them and pulled her forward so she fell on top of me. I made sure my shoulder was in line with her hips and I lifted her up over my shoulder. I carried her upstairs and went to her room.

"Alex, put me down, now!" she yelled and started hitting my butt.

I tossed her on the bed and climbed on top of her. "I'll make it up to you," I said with a wink and began kissing her neck. "I promise."

I woke up in my boxers under the blankets next to Candace who was fast asleep. I moved her hair out of the way and kissed her forehead. I got up from the bed and walked to the dresser and looked through my drawer. I kept some clothes here. I crashed here more often than one would think.

I took my sweatpants out and pulled them on. I went over to the nightstand by my side of the bed and picked up my phone. I went downstairs and into the kitchen as I checked my messages. I had three missed calls and eight text messages from Colbie.

I read through the messages. They started off a bit calm as she said, pick up your phone, and ended with a furious rage when she said, Alex Walker I swear to fucking God if you don't explain what the hell happened last night you will be in big trouble.

I laughed to myself at the thought of Colbie trying to be threatening. She wasn't very good. I called her back and it only took one ring before she answered. "Alex, what the hell?" she yelled.

"Calm down and stopped yelling in my ear," I said.

"What happened last night. Why do I feel so sick and why does my head hurt so much? And why is there a tattoo on my back?" she said getting louder with each knew question.

"You doing that yelling thing again," I said. She didn't say anything. I could tell she was unamused by her silence. "We went to a club, you were drinking and dancing with some guy. I cut in. I was bringing you back to the car when you saw a tattoo shop. You wanted a tattoo so you got one."

"And you let me?" she asked annoyed.

"Hey, you wanted to get my name tattooed on yourself. Just be happy I told you no." She was quiet again. "You're head hurts and you feel sick because you had way too much to drink last night. Just rest, drink lots of water, and take some Advil and you should be better in no time."

"What did my mom say when you brought me home?" she asked.

I laughed. "She actually seemed kind of happy that you were so drunk. I don't know. It was kind of weird. She wasn't upset I don't think." I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. If Candace knew I was talking to Colbie right after we hooked up she'd kick me out again. "I have to go. I'll talk to you later."

I hung up and put my phone on the counter. I looked through the cabinets for a pan to make some eggs in. I was really in the mood for eggs.

Candace came around the corner and wrapped her arms around me from behind. She rested her head on my back. "Who were you on the phone with?" she asked.

"Just Dylan," I lied. "Do you want some eggs?" I asked.

She nodded against my back and walked into the living room. I turned around and watched her as she walked away. Her hair was in a messy bun and she had on one of my big shirts. I smiled. She was so cute - when she wasn't verbally abusing me for talking to Colbie.

I finished cooking the eggs and brought them in the living room for Candace. I handed her the plate and a glass of water and sat next to her on the couch. I put my arm around her and turned on the TV as she ate. She fed me some as we watched Switched at Birth. It was her favorite TV show at the moment.

When we finished three episodes I went back upstairs and got changed. I had to get home. I was also supposed to go to a party with Dylan later. I wasn't sure when, but I knew that I would be the driver considering Dylan never was.

I cam back downstairs and Candace was still sitting on the couch in the same spot. I sat back down next to her. "Do you want to go to a party later with me and Dylan?" I asked.

She nodded. "Sure, where is it?"

"I don't know yet, but I'll let you know when I find out. I'll pick you up later," I said and kissed her on the forehead as I stood up. I went to the door and put my jacket on. I put my shoes on and as I did I looked up and saw Candace watching me with a smile on her face. I smiled back and opened the door and left.

Hey everyone. The song for this chapter is Sorry by Justin Bieber. Are you a JB fan? The photo with this chapter is a cover for the book. I made it not to brag *cough cough*. Haha I know it's not that good. I hope you all enjoyed the chapter. Let me know what you thought.