Chapter 12: Smile

Wanting the Bad Boy - Chapter 12: Smile

This chapter may seem a bit confusing. It starts out from Alex's POV, then goes back to earlier that day from Colbie's POV. After that it goes back to Alex's POV. I'll try to make it as understandable as possible. Thanks

Alex's POV

I shut my car door quietly. I had a pounding headache from the night before. I had gone to a party with Candace. She had been asking to go out a lot lately, and I felt bad always keeping her in. I knew she didn't like to go alone so I agreed to bring her. I wasn't expecting to stay the whole night. I was going to leave after a few drinks, but then there she was, getting in my head. Messing with me, with the small amount of clothes that she had on. She dragged me upstairs after she had three drinks and that's when I knew we weren't coming back downstairs. Next thing I knew, it was morning and I was in my boxers laying on the floor with her head on my chest.

I brought her home, and was going to go straight to work, but couldn't find my phone. I must have left it at home from the day before. I hadn't gone to school the day before. I usually took Friday's off.

I took my key out of my pocket and unlocked the front door. I stepped inside and closed the door behind me. When the door closed, I instantly shot my hands towards my temples. The loud pounding noises hurt my head. I threw my jacket on the back of the couch and walked into the kitchen. I took a glass from the cabinet and filled it with water. I reached in the cabinet above the sink and took out a bottle of Aspirin.

I put three in my mouth and took a sip. I swallowed them down and finished my water. I put my glass in the sink and as I turned around my mom came down the stairs in her robe.

"Morning," I said.

"Good morning, sweetie," she said.

I gave her a questioning look and took a seat on a stool. "What was all that?" I asked.

She started to make some coffee and turned back around to me. "There was a girl that stopped by yesterday after school. She said you weren't there during the day. I guess she was worried."

"Who was she?" I asked. "Was it Casella?" It was probably her. She stopped by every once in a while when I didn't show up at school. I know I worried her sometimes.

"It was her car in the driveway, but the girl that came to the door had long brown hair, darker skin, these beautiful brown eyes. She was beautiful." It was Colbie, I thought. Wow, she stopped by?

EARLIER THE DAY BEFORE

Colbie's POV

I had gone to bed early last night. I was really tired from all the thinking I had done lately. I had been spending a lot of time with Alex, and I was seeing that he was an incredible person. He brought me home almost everyday after school, we sat together at lunch, along with everyone else. The other night at the club was a lot of fun, even though I didn't remember much. I did faintly remember tattoos though. I remembered that Alex got one that was roman numerals but I don't remember what numbers. I'll have to ask him.

I woke refreshed and ready for the day. Last night I thought about Alex so much. He was great and I think I was starting to like him. I think his dangerous side is what makes me intrigued, but I feel comfortable and safe with him as well.

As I got dressed and ready for school I turned the music up in my room. The first song that played was Milkshake by Kelis. I danced around in front of the mirror as I got dressed. "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard," I sang as I shook my butt in the mirror.