Chapter 18: Bartender

Wanting the Bad Boy - Chapter 18: Bartender

Colbie's POV

I stood in the doorway just after Alex slammed the door in my face and stormed off. If you don't want me then just leave. Why did I say that? I wouldn't feel like this if I hadn't said it. I feel stupid. I really liked him and the other night things went so well. He really opened up to me. He said that I made him feel real. Then he storms off like this.

"Ahhhh," I screamed and stomped up the stairs. I flopped on my bed and stared at the ceiling. Why am I so stupid? I thought he liked me. I thought he wanted me. He doesn't. He obviously doesn't want me if he left. Why doesn't he want me?

As I laid there contemplating my life, my phone buzzed on my night stand next to me. I unlocked the screen and went to my messages. It was from Casella.

Casella: Do you want to go to a club with some of the girls from school?

I only knew her. I didn't know any of the other girls. I guess now that Alex doesn't want me I need more friends. I was in such a bad mood after Alex left though. I wanted to go, but I also wanted to talk with someone about it. I knew I could talk to Casella. She knew him and was probably my best girl friend here.

Me: I'm kind of in a bad mood right now. I don't know if going out is the best idea.

She texted back shortly saying she was on her way over. I laughed at her. I could count on her, it was clear now.

While I waited, I got my clothes picked out. Let's think, I said to myself. I went to my closet and looked through my things. I scanned my shirts and saw a black shoe box in the corner under a shelf. My eyes lit up as I got an idea. I pulled it out and placed the black heels on my bed.

I went down the hall to my sisters room and quietly opened the door. If my dad heard me going in here he'd know something was up. I looked through her closet where she kept her dresses. Before she left for college she told me I could use any of these anytime I wanted. She understood how hard things were around here. Especially things that had to do with fun and boys.

She had at least ten club worthy dresses that I could wear. I decided on the black one. It had fringe on the top around the neck line and the rest was solid black. I took it off the hanger and brought it into my room.

I went to the bathroom and started the shower. I washed away my conversation with Alex. I wanted to go out and have fun. The last time I had gone out with a group of girls didn't end very well. I ended up in an alley on the ground drunk out of my mind and very confused. Not to mention I was almost raped.

I played my Panic at the Disco station on pandora and danced around. When I was done I stepped out of the shower and wrapped myself in my towel. I plucked my eyebrows  to give them the perfect arc and washed my face before I combed my hair.

After I dried my hair I put a small too portion into a pony tail and let the rest fall down my back. I sat on the edge of the tub and shaved my legs. I loved the feeling of my smooth legs after I shaved.

When I was done I went back to my room and got dressed. I continued to dance around the room to my pandora station. I pulled my dress on and as I was trying to zip the back, I got a text from Casella.

Casella: I'm here.

I ran downstairs and opened the front door for her. She was about to begin knocking. "Perfect timing," she said. I looked down at what she was wearing. She had on sweatpants and a long t shirt. I gave her a questioning look. "I'll tell you in a minute. Have you asked your dad yet?" she said. I shook my head and we went towards his office.