new year's advice for the signs:

[tumblr]

aries: Discover yourself this year. Or rediscover yourself. You're always on the run, always making plans, always going to that next step, traveling lightning quick in that same direction, but what if you've changed since you've started? You out of all people know that change can be good.

taurus: Pick up the pace! You have goals you want to reach, and you've been wanting them for a while now. Time doesn't wait for anybody, and you don't know how much of it you have left, so get off your butt and do what you've always dreamed of!

gemini: Focus on one thing. One goal. It's a habit of yours to suddenly want to master many things, or learn many things, or go many places, but try and go against that this year. You would be surprised to see how focusing all of your energies on a single thing will develop your patience and your determination.

cancer: Go on a trip, whether it's miles away or the town over. Explore new places, from parks to coffee shops to monuments. Gain a different perspective. Do this over and over. You never know what you can learn, or who you can meet.

leo: Take part in something bigger than yourself, perhaps joining a charity project or a volunteer organization. Take any opportunity that you can get to help the world.

virgo: Make this the year of letting go. Write down all your worries and see how you can eliminate them as soon as possible. Release all your grudges, make up with people, say sorry. Start completely fresh.

libra: Put up some walls. You've been hurt countless of times, but it's not your fault you like to build bridges and reach out. It might be good try and spend that effort to help others on yourself now.

scorpio: You already know all about self-discovery, about finding the deepest parts of yourself, so maybe it's time to give yourself a break. Lose yourself in something other than yourself, whether it's making music or painting or breaking hearts. Detach yourself, and attack all that you love from a new angle. Free yourself from the constant responsibility of proving to yourself who you are.

sagittarius: Cherish your family, whether it's your real one or one that you've created yourself. Spoil them. Appreciate them. This is the year where you go back to your roots, where you make amends if there were problems, and where you build those relationships and secure them. Family is forever, and we really can't make it out there completely alone.

capricorn: Don't be afraid to be yourself. You've heard it before, so maybe that's why you ignore it all the time. Let people know about your hidden sense of humor, or your political opinions, or what your dreams are in life. This way, it might be easier to get the things you want for once.

aquarius: Say "I love you." Say it to your crush, or your best friend, or your significant other. Say it as a joke and say it because you mean it and say it when you're at your happiest and say it when you're at your lowest point.

pisces: Take a break from living inside your head. Maybe write those stories down, or better yet, live them. Create your own world of romance and drama and fear and obsession instead of daydreaming about it. Tell people exactly how you feel instead of picturing yourself having the conversation over and over.