Chapter 37

Kandii got out of her car, and switched her ass across the parking lot.

She checked her watch; she had exactly 9 minutes until Foot Locker closed.

She needed a new pair of Nike's for work. She had hoped to browse a few other stores in the mall but that would not happen today.

"Wait, don't you dare slide that gate closed!

She said as she ran into the shoe store.  I got four minutes."

The little girl mean mugged Kandii as she slid right pass her and headed for the section she needed.

"Dang yo!"

“We about to close ma'am!”  Kandii ignored her as she kept it moving.

It took her fifteen minutes before, she finally settled on a pair of white on white Nike's.  She tossed the shoes onto the counter.

"Bout time.”  The sales girl muttered.

"Excuse me?"  

“I sincerely hope you’re not getting smart.” 

The girl ignored her as she rang up her shoes.  

"Your total is $76.64."

Kandii settled the bill.  Just to be a bitch, she counted out the change as slow as possible.

 59..60...61...62...63..64!

"There ya go!"

Kandii laughed as she snatched her bag off the counter.

She was half way out of the mall when her phone rang.  

"Oooo, It's my boo thang!"

She chatted with him as she made her way back to her car.  They made a dinner date for later in the evening.  Kandii hoped it would lead to some hot sex.

 She needed this to happen.

Not only because she was so damn sexually frustrated, she needed him.

Truth was she always needed him, always wanted him.  She had been seeing him for a couple of months now and she was more than ready to drop them panties.  

Eager even.  

Nita had been dying to know all about him.  Kandii just couldn't go there yet with her.  

Kandii didn't want her to judge her.  Mostly she just did not want to hear any bullshit.

For the first time since her divorce.  Her life was okay.  She was back to work she was healthy.  She had her friends.  All that was missing was a man.  He used to be hers and now she was going to get him back.

Kandii smirked as she pulled out of the parking lot.  

She slid in her old school CD and skipped to track three (Mokenstef) He's Mine. She sang loud as hell as she rushed home.

"He might be doing you But he's thinking about me So baby, think about another lover And go find another brother

I know he's my man He's all in my hands-It feels good when he calls my name

Don't you wish you had the same?

Feeling discussed, working your stuff'

Til he thinks about mine Now he's feeling real high

You ask why 'cuz he's mine

Tell you something That just ain't cool

Never fall in love with a man Who don't love you

I wouldn't waste my time Telling something wrong

You've been with him one night

And now he's coming home

He's mine You may of had him once But I got him all the time (You can't sleep at night)

He's mine You may of had him once But I got him all the time(Don't try to dry your eyes)

He's mine You may of had him once But I got him all the time(I got him all the time)

Went out on a date Wasn't out too late Took you to a room And you gave it up too soon

Played you like a trick 'Cuz you let him hit  Now he's coming home to a lover That is strong

I got all his love, baby, don't try to take it You wanted a piece, you were mistaken

'Cuz he belongs to me Baby, can't you see?

I tell you that just ain't cool Never fall in love with a man Who don't love you"

"That's right, he’s mine bitch!"  Kandii laughed as she pressed repeat. She hated that she had to sneak around but she had to do what she had to do.  Soon everything would be out in the open and they could be free to do as they pleased.

"I just got to be calm and patient."

He told me to give him some time to handle his little situation.  Kandii frowned as she re played the conversation in her head.  Part of her felt as if he was fucking her over, that couldn't happen to her.

She had to suck it up and do exactly what she needed to or the plan would never work.  

 Copyright © 2013

-Eve-