Chapter 59

Kandii stood in front of the crib that had just been delivered.  It was perfect.  The crib was a sleigh style and the smooth white wood sparkled. She ran her fingers over the railing lightly.  The baby animal theme that she had chosen was beautiful, as she knew it would be.

Within the last two weeks, her body had changed.  Her stomach still looked and felt like a bowling ball but it was was wider now.  Her waist had really begun to thicken up.  Oh how proud of her body she was.  She just knew that she had the cutest baby bump in the world.  Her only issue was hiding it.  Not only had her middle thickened but her ass had spread also.  She could feel the difference in her work scrubs.  She'd have to get new ones.  In the meantime, she rolled them up under her belly.

That gave her healthy ass cheeks room to breathe. Her ass had never looked so good.  Kandii really hoped that she didn't lose it.  But her breasts were another story. If they continued to grow, she was screwed.  All ready her bras were tight as hell.

She thought of Devin less and less. She no longed stalked his face book page or any other social media that he was on.  She actually deleted her own accounts.  She needed to resist temptation. Speaking of online, she hadn't written for her journal lately.  That thought made her think of her online buddy.

 Should she call her? For God sake's she didn't even know her real name.  Kandii bit her lower lip.  She had nothing else to do. She adjusted the soft baby blanket that hung over the railing and switched on the night light before she left the new nursery.

Kandii made her way to the living room and plopped down onto the couch.  It seemed like she just fell backwards every damn time.  She huffed and struggled to make herself comfortable.  Leaning over slightly she reached for her phone.  "Shit," she cursed.  It was too far away she'd have to change her position to get it.  That meant getting un comfortable just to get comfortable again.

After what felt like forever, she was good to go.  She scrolled down to her name and bravely pressed call.  The phone rang a few times before a woman answered it.

"Uh...hi..can I speak to..The uh Road Home?"  Kandii was so embarrassed.  Who called someone and asked for them by their damn screen name.  She shook her head.

"Oh my gawd!  Is this Simply K?"  The sweet small voice asked.

Kandii smiled.  "Yes it is and call me Kandii please.  I kinda feel like a idiot calling and not knowing your name."

"Hell, don't worry about it.  I feel like like an idiot for not telling you my name.  It's Pauline..my name that is."

Kandii tested the word out.  "Pauline huh?"  

"Yup that's me, or Paulie.  Unfortunately I'm named after my daddy."

Kandii laughed.  Her accept combined with her small voice was very sweet.

"So Kandii I am so happy that you called me.  How is pregnant life treating you?  Girl I will be so happy to get this baby out of me.  I look like a damn double wide trailer with legs honey."

Kandii laughed.  She already knew that Pauline had a great sense of humor, just from her chatting to her online but speaking with her now.  Wow…her voice was so animated.  All Kandii could do was smile like a fool.

"My ankles are swollen and I always have to pee."

Pauline giggled.  "Ain't having a baby so weird Kandii?  I feel like I’ve been pregnant forever.  I'll be glad when she gets here and I hope the delivery won’t be too bad."

"I'm with you on that one.  I keep watching these live bitch videos on you tube.  They make it seem so easy."  Kandii frowned. They really did make it seem easy.