Chapter 54

Three Months Later........................

It had been three months since Kandii had seen Nita and Devin.  She didn't miss either of them.  She was engrossed in her upcoming Motherhood.  Everything she did was for her child.  She only had one problem.  Well one that demanded her immediate attention.  

Someone was stalking her.

Weekly there was an envelope in her mailbox.  The first time she received one of these letters was about a month ago.  She had went to check her mail, as she always did, when she happened upon the UN post marked, long slender envelope.

Inside would be a death threat.

Nothing as cliché as cut out letters numbers.  This was simply printed.  Like someone sat down at his or her computer, without a care in the world and constantly wrote to her. She remembered how afraid she had been after that letter.  Never leaving a door or window unlocked.

“Sour Kandii,

You know what you have done and now you must suffer.  If you think that you could get away with destroying my family then you are crazy.  I will be watching you and if I see you take one-step out of line, if you make one move that I do not like, I will kill you.  Who would miss you anyway bitch?  No one would even notice that you were gone.”

E.

Who the fuck was (E) she had wondered.  She had stayed up all that night and no one came to mind.  She didn't know anyone's name that started with the letter E.  Not intimately.  Paranoia had been taking a toll on her.  She had even went to the police department and they concluded that there was no immediate danger to her.  They cautioned her to be careful and aware of her surrounds.

What a crock of shit she had thought.  Surely, the B.P.D was ignoring her case because they had more pressing issues, like the Drug Lords and Murderers.  ...But what if she became one of the victim's?  Would her story be on 48 hrs.?

Kandii sighed as she opened the newest letter.

“Sour Kandii,

I'm still watching.”

E.

She was scared shit-less, even though the first letter was the worst.  The rest all had similar sayings and were usually one lined.  Should she feel more secure?  She had considered moving but that was out.  This place was perfect for her and she loved it.  Granted, if Nita didn't live across the street from her, shed feel better.

As usual, Kandii looked up and down her street before she quickly walked back to her house.  This was ridiculous, she thought.  She almost felt like a damn prisoner.  Was this E person really watching her?  She didn't know but she did feel as if something was not right.  She often told herself that it was just nerves.

After her front door was locked, Kandii relaxed.  She pulled off the sweatshirt that she wore and proudly displayed her perfectly small rounded belly.  The white wife beater really clung to her and molded her growing stomach.  It made her happy.  If she wasn't turned to the side in a mirror, then her hands were constantly on her stomach.

At, first she thought that she would be so lonely. With no one to talk to.  She literally just went to work and came home.  Besides her running a few basic errands she was pretty much home bound.  She made her way to her new favorite room in her house.  The baby's room!  Today was Thursday and her day off.  

 She had just come back from seeing Dr.Gomez her obstetrician. She just found out the sex of her baby. A baby boy!  She was only momentarily disappointed.  She really had hoped for a girl, since Devin now had a son.