10. Shattered Like Glass

Avery's POV

"I wonder why he had to leave."

"Let's follow him." Samantha winked.

I laughed. "Stalker much?"

She rolled her eyes playfully. "It's just for fun!"

"Alright," I giggled. "Lets go."

I grabbed my parent's car keys off the kitchen counter and followed Sam out to the SUV. Right as Justin's Range Rover sped off, Sam and I quickly jumped into the seats and I turned the engine on.

"This is stupid.." I said, buckling my seatbelt.

"It's just for fun, we have nothing else to do!"

I sighed and backed out of the driveway. I made a right to follow Justin but noticed that if he was driving to his house, he had to make a left. I shrugged it off thinking he needed to go to the studio for work.

We followed Justin for about five minutes until he pulled into a small shopping plaza and parked in front of Starbucks.

"Starbucks?" I giggled. "What is he doing?"

That's when I noticed fans and paparazzi were already there, what's going on?

"What the hell?" Sam spoke.

My eyes grew wide. "Oh my god." I gasped.

There she was. Selena Gomez. Waiting for Justin by the café's enterance.

"Avery, lets go home." Sam demanded.

"No. I'm watching this." I drove closer to the front and saw Justin and Selena walk in the coffee shop. Selena held onto his arm and he didn't flinch. What the hell?

My heart broke in two and my stomach began to feel nauseous. I shouldn't have trusted him. That date at the park meant nothing to him, I am idiot. I shouldn't have gave in so easily.. I should have known a big popstar like himself would be a player. Knowing he can get any girl he wants, he uses that advantage.

I suddenly pulled out of the plaza, speeding, and drove home. Tears already slid down my cheeks. My vision was beginning to blur up and I couldn't focus on the road safely. The SUV was swaying from side to side.

Sam panicked. "Slow down!"

I loosened up on the gas and drove like that for the rest of the ride home. When we finally arrived to my house in one piece, I got out of the car and slammed the door.

"Sorry." I apologized to Sam and walked to the front door.

"Wait," Sam called. "Don't be sorry." She hugged me and I broke down in tears.

My sobs were very loud. "We had s-such a perfect date today!" I cried. "We made up and now this again?"

"Avery, there has to be some logic to this. Justin isn't like that."

I shook my head and pulled out of her arms. "He is just like that. He's a jerk."

I wiped all my tears away, the best I could and walked into the house.

"Hey guys, where'd you go?" My mom asked.

"I showed Sam around the park, a few blocks down." I lied smoothly.

"Oh, must of been hot out there."

"It was." I said.

*

It was an hour later when the doorbell suddenly rang. My mom, Sam, and I were into a deep conversation about what has been better since we've lived in Atlanta. I excused myself and sprinted to go answer the door, leaving Sam and my mom in the kitchen. It was obvious who it was.