8. One Mistake

2 months later..

Justin's POV

"I have to go, I just arrived at the awards. I love you, baby." I smiled.

"I love you too, Justin. Good luck!" Avery exclaimed.

I had just arrived at the Teen Choice Awards.

I got out of the black SUV and onto the blue carpet where there were millions of flashing cameras.

"Justin!"

"Justin look to your right!

"Justin! Justin! Look to your left!"

 I smiled after I saw a lot of other musicians and actors posing for pictures. 

Kenny tapped me on the shoulder. "Come over here, you have a few interviews to do before you take pictures." I followed Kenny to the press, who were getting their microphones and cameras ready.

"Hi Justin!" An interviewer greeted. "You're looking handsome tonight, how do you feel?"

"I feel good. I'm just excited because teenagers and young people are voting, so that's what I'm most excited about." I answered.

"That's good. I know you're up for a few awards tonight so good luck on that."

I smiled. "Thank you."

She looked down at her notes before asking the next question. "So.. where's your girlfriend?"

A look of confusion blew over my face.

"Miss Avery Valantine." She continued.

My eyebrows raised up immediately. "Justin, we got to go." Kenny interuppted and I mentally thanked him.

I flashed the interviewer a smile before Kenny led me back to the flashing cameras and took pictures. I stood there, hands in my pockets with a some-what serious look on my face, as usual. But I also smiled here and there. Finally, it was time for the awards to start. I followed Kenny into the arena and took my seat besides Selena Gomez. 

"Hey!" Selena whispered.

"Hey Selena, you look beautiful." I smiled.

She blushed, "Thank you. You look handsome yourself."

The lights dimmed, the awards were starting

* *

"And now, playing her new song 'Love You Like A Love Song', Selena Gomez!" Kaley Cuoco (the host) shouted.

Wow. Selena looked amazing on stage. I was dancing to her singing, along with Alfredo and Taylor Swift. I saw the cameras on me while I was dancing and singing along. After Selena claimed her surfboard award after her performance she made her way back to her seat besides me. Instead of sitting down, she walked towards me and we hugged in instinct.

"Great job out there!" I told her.

She thanked me and sat down. I put my arm around her back but she didn't mind, in fact she blushed. She leaned towards me, and just looked at me. I leaned in giving her a kiss on the cheek, while I held her hand, not knowing that people were taking pictures of us. I quickly pulled back to see her puzzled expression and ran to the bathroom.

What did I just do? 

I'm dating Avery. Not Selena. 

What the hell was I thinking?

I love Avery and I did this.. I wasn't even thinking. I can't stand the thought of Avery leaving me. I'm an idiot.